Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well my stock intercooler had a big dent in the fins in the back before I removed it lending to the thought that those monkeys on the assembly line dropped it or had a difficult time getting it in and either put their hand into it or something else, what I was surprised was how light and flimsy it actually was. More suitable for an AC condenser over a turbo intercooler. =) I have a Mishimoto and it keeps temps down well.
Sponsored

Ecoboom

Pulling G's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
F&F
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS
I wouldn't say it's "OK" either, but didn't want to hurt feelings, nor imply your car will melt an intake manifold without upgrading it. I do think it is one of the most under designed intercoolers since the early 90's. :) Thank you for watching and the feedback! I tend to withdraw some brutal honesty in my public things, but maybe the update video coming shortly will give some MAP edge back onto it ;)

-Adam
Quick question: Do you know if I avoid the warranty of the car by installing your IC ?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Quick question: Do you know if I avoid the warranty of the car by installing your IC ?
I get this question about a lot of our products, and, I must say it depends more heavily on the dealership and the warranty in question. I've had some dealers allow customers anything as long as the turbo and downpipe stay stock, and I've had others where the intake voids the warranty. Something you'd have to check on.

I do know that most anybody holding the approval for the warranty can deny any claim for just about any reason but, most tend to be reasonable and want to keep the business. More often than not they will meet in the middle with something like catback exhaust will not be a reason for any void, yet any engine related modifications such as an intake void only the engine portion of the warranty. So coilovers only, would only void suspension based claims. At least from what I've seen. Of course I cannot professionally condone any yes or no answer to this but I hope this gives an outline of the types of feedback I've gotten through the community and their dealership experiences regarding modifications.

-Adam

Ecoboom

Pulling G's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
F&F
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS
I get this question about a lot of our products, and, I must say it depends more heavily on the dealership and the warranty in question. I've had some dealers allow customers anything as long as the turbo and downpipe stay stock, and I've had others where the intake voids the warranty. Something you'd have to check on.

I do know that most anybody holding the approval for the warranty can deny any claim for just about any reason but, most tend to be reasonable and want to keep the business. More often than not they will meet in the middle with something like catback exhaust will not be a reason for any void, yet any engine related modifications such as an intake void only the engine portion of the warranty. So coilovers only, would only void suspension based claims. At least from what I've seen. Of course I cannot professionally condone any yes or no answer to this but I hope this gives an outline of the types of feedback I've gotten through the community and their dealership experiences regarding modifications.

-Adam
Thanks Adam;
I do have all stock and had plans in selling as soon the '17 gets out since my car has already 20k and is paid off. However, after long consideration, I am thinking in not having a car payment for a while but would like to be able to keep my warranty, just in case.
I did buy the Cobb accessport and the IC. I already installed the accessport and I do feel some reasonable difference. I only did because Cobb says that if you return the ECU back to manufacture you shouldn't have any issues with warranty...but reading around, it seems to me that it is not true due to the fact that the dealer can tell how many times the ECU has been flushed. When I think about the IC ( I am not very happy for buying the most expensive IC out there ) compared to the manufacture one, is such a difference and living in a really hot place, I can see that it could help a lot to keep my engine cooler...and that is just benefit and Ford should be happy for that and ashamed with the size of the OEM IC. I am leaning towards installing if I am really keeping the car for at least another year.
Anyway, thanks for your answer.:clap2:

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Want to do some comparing with the ATM intercooler before making my purchase, but I can't even find out where to buy the ATM and it's not showing up on Google except for the Fiat one. Anyone have the link? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
i am about to purchase between
levels 525shipped vs ATM 660-700shipped
what do you guys think???
it seems like ATM is one of top in the market right now, and i know leves is nice product that does its job
do you think ATM worth 150-175 over levels??

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Any opinions on C-pe fmic? Also how does it compare to levels intercooler? Any opinions on best fmic in the 500-600 price range.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
it seems like ATM is one of top in the market right now, and i know leves is nice product that does its job
After talking to Nik from Levels I went with his street intercooler which should be ready next week some time. All the testing shows its a good IC for the money and I dont plan on ever seeing over 600 hp in this car so it should always be big enough for my needs

Sponsored

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
Want to do some comparing with the ATM intercooler before making my purchase, but I can't even find out where to buy the ATM and it's not showing up on Google except for the Fiat one. Anyone have the link? Thanks in advance!
In stock and shipping on the ATM, please simpl email us for info and to order at
[email protected]

As far as comparisons to other ICs, we will gladly put our intercooler up against any other in INDEPENDANT testing.

andyxramirez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost oxford white
how are you getting a levels for 525 shipped?!?!?

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Just paid for Levels Street IC. I'm tuned by adam, will add adams wastegate also.
Currenly just a tune, love the pull, how much more will it be with IC and wastgate i wonder???

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just paid for Levels Street IC. I'm tuned by adam, will add adams wastegate also.
Currenly just a tune, love the pull, how much more will it be with IC and wastgate i wonder???
I pick mine up next week ! :cheers:

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Any opinions on C-pe fmic? Also how does it compare to levels intercooler? Any opinions on best fmic in the 500-600 price range.
Just bought one, it will be on next week. I'll let you know then.
Sponsored