Sponsored

What's the best downpipe available?

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I'm going to be getting the Full Race DP in a week or two. I haven't seen anyone else talk about it but the price seems pretty great and you can expect great quality from them.
Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford mustang Ecoboost
A good question might be the fitment of the many DP options available. It would be nice to know if anyone has had installation issues with any particular DP.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
the cheapest one from a good company....you aren't going to be sitting under your car admiring how pretty your downpipe looks.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
the cheapest one from a good company....you aren't going to be sitting under your car admiring how pretty your downpipe looks.
This /\/\/\/\

All listed are good quality downpipes to consider. CP-e is awesome and too nice to be hidden!

I looked at CP-e, StainlessWorks, MAP, & Krona. I'd reach out to Casey at BrewCityBoost about the Krona. It is good quality and great price! It was the best price/quality exhaust I could find.

He emailed me on a Saturday and we went back and forth looking at how the Krona would work on my exhaust. Good guy.

I ultimately went with MAP because I have their exhaust already and their downpipe fits without issue or additional creativity.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
that's solid advice although I think the options included with the cp-e are often overlooked

what other downpipe is sold with the connector that necks down to the small stock, magnaflow, flowmaster, etc exhausts
and comes with a full 3" adapter that connects with true 3" exhausts like the cp-e, SW, etc etc. ???

OP
OP

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I've looked at krona, cpe and stainless works there all around 450-500 for the downpipe. Krona's turbo back system combined comes out to like 1309-1400 with downpipe. I was considering going with there turbo back system. But I would really like to get the new agency power catback system. There expensive at 950 but I really think it's the best sounding. My question which one of these down pipe would I be able to piece together with that exhaust system

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I've looked at krona, cpe and stainless works there all around 450-500 for the downpipe. Krona's turbo back system combined comes out to like 1309-1400 with downpipe. I was considering going with there turbo back system. But I would really like to get the new agency power catback system. There expensive at 950 but I really think it's the best sounding. My question which one of these down pipe would I be able to piece together with that exhaust system

Yes, I realized that when I was looking as well. Most will 'mate' with each other, but some would require an adapter that would go from 3" down to the stock 2.5" (I think that is the size) and back to 3". Doable, but not getting the full benefit of TBE. Some require some welding, all depends.

If you like the Agency Exhaust, do they have a downpipe? If not, find out what fitting they use to 'mate' with the stock downpipe. Also if they have a picture of the setup, send it to any one of the brands you are looking at and they can tell you how theirs can fit with that exhaust. That's what I did.

Happy hunting...

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford mustang Ecoboost
I'm ok with a 2.5 inch diameter exhaust for now. When I had a supercharged S197 Mustang, we didn't consider 3 inch catback systems until you reached 450-500 HP levels. Remember, you will gain top end hp but lose it down low when going to a 3 inch system. At the very least do a decent turbo upgrade first.

Last edited:

ecostangg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Engines move when you rev, no flex section would put all the stress on the downpipe bolts or the turbo housing, eventually something has to give and it would suck if it was the aluminum headifold as the turbo housing is Iron. A down pipe without a flex after the transmission mount is a disaster waiting to happen.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Engines move when you rev, no flex section would put all the stress on the downpipe bolts or the turbo housing, eventually something has to give and it would suck if it was the aluminum headifold as the turbo housing is Iron. A down pipe without a flex after the transmission mount is a disaster waiting to happen.
This.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'm ok with a 2.5 inch diameter exhaust for now. When I had a supercharged S197 Mustang, we didn't consider 3 inch catback systems until you reached 450-500 HP levels. Remember, you will gain top end hp but lose it down low when going to a 3 inch system. At the very least do a decent turbo upgrade first.
On an NA car or even a supercharged one you would be correct, on a turbo car all of your back pressure is before the turbine, and the less back pressure you have after, the greater the differential and faster the spool. So While there is a point of diminishing returns, You want as large a pipe as reasonable. 2.5 inches is too small on this platform, The stock DP is 2.5 and super restrictive.
Sponsored