Sponsored

What's the best downpipe available?

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
In everyone's opinion what's the best catted and best uncatted downpipe out there for these ecoboost mustangs! Also what Cai do you guys recommend to use in this 2.3l platform.
Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

Rob@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
it like it's stolen
Borla makes a great 3in off road\ race down pipe that runs all the way to the Y that comes with adaptors that will tie into the factory exhaust if still equipped. As for a catted down pipe I like the Stainless Works 3in it as well will come with an option of factory or performance connect. We also seen some good gains with the AFE CAI. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. We also offer great deals for 6G members.

OP
OP

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Thanks guys for giving me a couple more options. I was told Map makes a good downpipe that doesn't throw codes. However I had not heard of Borla, Cpe or stainless world down pipes. If you guys had to make a Decision between a catted or uncatted downpipe which would you choose? I plan piecing it together with a agency power catback and whichever cai I believe would give me the best horsepower with that set up.

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
I have the MAP catless downpipe, it will throw a code. It took it a little while, but within a few months it came on. I highly recommend a catless downpipe.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Rob I live in Florida no inspections. I was leaning toward catless, so now the mission is to find the most reliable catless down pipe that gives me the most power. I plan on getting an Atm intercooler with there charge pipe kit, agency power catback and the down pipe is still to be determined also I have heard that Jlt were the best Cai for the money never really used there brand. I'm gonna buy a Cobb access port and get a tune+ tune from Adam long with the trans tune probably going to get one of his wastegate actuators and an aftermarket bov. And see how far I can take this stock turbo with this set. I'm open to opinions let me know if you guys like the set up and if you see any flaws thank you again

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All catless downpipes will yield you roughly the same HP. I would look more at quality in this case. I have read that the JLT did perform the best out of the available CAI at the time. I am looking to purchase one here too, but I am not sure which one I want yet.

OP
OP

Chinocid17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Illeagle what's the consensus out there when it comes to quality catless down pipes? cpe? Stainless works? Mrt? Also do you plan on doing a catch can? If so would you recommend mishimoto or upr

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any of your main manufactures will be fine as far as quality goes. I have MAP catless, but I got it used for cheap. I have been using a UPR DVCC for 5K miles with no issues. It appears the new trend now is a vented catch can though.

Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Atp

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
CP-e is the best, hands down! I'll upload a pic of mine later. I've been under my car doing some work and took some pics earlier. I've had my CP-e downpipe on for thousands of miles and it still looks as awesome as the first day! The quality, fit and finish, and features are all there.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have the MAP Catless and it threw no codes in all the time I've had it. I am Adam tuned however. It is one of the pricier ones out there but the quality is impeccable.
Sponsored