pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me and please with a picture show where to tap into the front speaker wire before it splits with the front tweeters so I can add my hertz cross overs and hsk165 system.

Thanks
Sponsored

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me and please with a picture show where to tap into the front speaker wire before it splits with the front tweeters so I can add my hertz cross overs and hsk165 system.

Thanks
Send me a PM. I will try to help you out.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would love it if someone posted up some photos of where to do the splicing. To the OP, if you get some help via pm can you snap some photos? Hope you get it figured out.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Hey guys,

Thanks
I had to put my crossovers in the door pockets. I used existing factory wiring to the doors and then split it off for the tweeter at the midrange. There's really nowhere acceptable inside the actual door for the crossovers because of their size so I just cheated and ran enough wire to get through the door cards. The pockets in the door cards are deep enough to completely hide the crossover - I just used Velcro and they hold great.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I had to put my crossovers in the door pockets. I used existing factory wiring to the doors and then split it off for the tweeter at the midrange. There's really nowhere acceptable inside the actual door for the crossovers because of their size so I just cheated and ran enough wire to get through the door cards. The pockets in the door cards are deep enough to completely hide the crossover - I just used Velcro and they hold great.
How did you wire the tweeters? How did you manage to bring the wiring from the door into the vehicle? I check the grommet and there is a connector on it. Will I have to drill a new hole or something to feed the wire?

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
I used the existing factory wiring that runs from the bottom of the factory amp. I bought a molex connector with the same pins as the amp and soldered wires that feed from my Alpine in the rear. Fed front left and right into the connector. There are a couple of very long threads here that show exactly how to do it. Fed the full signal to the left and right front woofer connection - and used that connection in the door to feed the x-over then ran wiring directly to the woofer, 3" mid and the tweet from the x-over.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I used the existing factory wiring that runs from the bottom of the factory amp. I bought a molex connector with the same pins as the amp and soldered wires that feed from my Alpine in the rear. Fed front left and right into the connector. There are a couple of very long threads here that show exactly how to do it. Fed the full signal to the left and right front woofer connection - and used that connection in the door to feed the x-over then ran wiring directly to the woofer, 3" mid and the tweet from the x-over.
I have the base model so the wiring doesnt come down the same way otherwise it wouldve been cake. :(
Sponsored