Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like I'll have to remove my front spacers, no big deal though...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatty

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
The recommended 20mm rear and 23mm front.

With the 25mm all around, 2 more mm off the front I think would be perfect and guessing 5 off the rear would bring it in enough so I went with that recommendation. Apparently some work was done to figure those specs out and several people have gone with them and are very happy with the results.

I think people (like me) were happy originally with the 25mm all around too. After a while though especially the rear bothers me. There are some that actually like the look of the wheels sticking out, not me.

Talking with Lenny, it was an easy decision to spend the money the second time. They use a lower profile nut so they are still bolt-on, wheel and hub centric and are anodized black instead of the bright shiny aluminum I have now. These are made in the USA and wheels spacers are there business. https://www.motorsport-tech.com/
I agree totally. Was happy with 25mm at first, but the 23/20 set up seems just right. My question is will the wheels fit without having to cut the original studs down? Did Lenny mention this? Thinking of buying these too.

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
25mm FRONT / 23mm REAR, is the goldilocks setup IMO.

Perfectly flush all around, no poke.

RVA5.0Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
25mm FRONT / 23mm REAR, is the goldilocks setup IMO.

Perfectly flush all around, no poke.
Did the 25 MM front spacers require any changes to the lug bolts, etc, or was it a simple swap and go?

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the 25 MM front spacers require any changes to the lug bolts, etc, or was it a simple swap and go?
At the sizes mentioned, these are adapters, not "spacers" in a traditional sense. They come with their own studs pressed in.

spacer.jpg

Sponsored

2blackstangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT w/ PP | 1993 LX Notch
I agree totally. Was happy with 25mm at first, but the 23/20 set up seems just right. My question is will the wheels fit without having to cut the original studs down? Did Lenny mention this? Thinking of buying these too.
I'd like to know this, as well. I'm thinking of ordering 23/20 for my GT PP.
Also, checking out motorsport-tech's order page, it's asking for 'center bore' of the wheels. Anyone know off-hand what that would be for stock GT PP wheels?

Thanks

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Lenny wasn't positive. He's sold the 20/23 sets and hasn't gotten any feedback regarding the stud length. he said the 23/25 set he heard did not have an issue so if there is an issue, it would be cutting/grinding up to 3mm or the end of the stud. He said the end of the stud isn't threaded. As long as you are only cutting the part that isn't threaded, there won't be an issue.

The stock wheels have pockets on the back the stud can go into. I think they might be slightly different between wheels so this will vary depending on which wheels you have and how deep their pockets are. When mine come in, I will be happy to report how it works out for me. I'll try to measure how much pocket depth will be required for the stock lugs to fit.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
With my 25mm spacers, you just bolt them on and then bolt the wheel right over them, no issues. (My 25mm spacers may be for sale cheap in the near future).

What I did for torque was to torque the nuts holding the spacer/adapter to the hub at the factory 150 lb ft and then torque the wheels at 100lb ft per the spec on the adapters.

OP
OP
Fatty

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lenny wasn't positive. He's sold the 20/23 sets and hasn't gotten any feedback regarding the stud length. he said the 23/25 set he heard did not have an issue so if there is an issue, it would be cutting/grinding up to 3mm or the end of the stud. He said the end of the stud isn't threaded. As long as you are only cutting the part that isn't threaded, there won't be an issue.

The stock wheels have pockets on the back the stud can go into. I think they might be slightly different between wheels so this will vary depending on which wheels you have and how deep their pockets are. When mine come in, I will be happy to report how it works out for me. I'll try to measure how much pocket depth will be required for the stock lugs to fit.
Thanks, yes please let us know!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Well yesterday I did some measuring and I doubt the 23mm will fit correctly and I'm positive the 20mm will not. I have 1" adapters now (25mm), the wheel studs stick out about 3.5mm from those. I measured the pocket on the back of the EB PP wheel and it's about 5mm. That would make it so the 23mm would be VERY close but the 20mm would definitely leave the stud sticking out too far and it would hit the back of the wheel. Lenny thought that the end of the stud wasn't threaded but I checked and it is. I'm not about to cut the stud in the threads, that makes it very difficult to get lug nuts on. I'm trying to cancel my order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatty

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well yesterday I did some measuring and I doubt the 23mm will fit correctly and I'm positive the 20mm will not. I have 1" adapters now (25mm), the wheel studs stick out about 3.5mm from those. I measured the pocket on the back of the EB PP wheel and it's about 5mm. That would make it so the 23mm would be VERY close but the 20mm would definitely leave the stud sticking out too far and it would hit the back of the wheel. Lenny thought that the end of the stud wasn't threaded but I checked and it is. I'm not about to cut the stud in the threads, that makes it very difficult to get lug nuts on. I'm trying to cancel my order.

Great job bro! Because of this info, I will keep my 25mm also. I would not cut the studs either.

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25mm front, 23mm rear with BMR SP080 springs.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
25mm front, 23mm rear with BMR SP080 springs.
I wonder if the pocket depth on your GT PP wheels are a little deeper than the pockets on my EB PP wheels? With the measurements I took for the EB PP wheels, even the 23mm was too close for comfort. I showed it would be within 1mm either way. My depth gauge doesn't have a very wide base so my measurement wasn't perfect.

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With my 25mm spacers, you just bolt them on and then bolt the wheel right over them, no issues. (My 25mm spacers may be for sale cheap in the near future).

What I did for torque was to torque the nuts holding the spacer/adapter to the hub at the factory 150 lb ft and then torque the wheels at 100lb ft per the spec on the adapters.
You should not be torquing the adapters to the hub at any larger torque value than the wheels to the adapter. They are both 100lb-ft.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You should not be torquing the adapters to the hub at any larger torque value than the wheels to the adapter. They are both 100lb-ft.
That's not correct. Torque is determined by the lugs and hub. The factory torque spec for our car is 150 lb ft so the adapters get torqued at that rate. The torque for the adapters will depend on what you buy and have their own spec. The ones I got were 100 lb ft so the wheels get torqued at that rate.
Sponsored