OP

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
In case there are no pictures on the forum showing GT Performance Package with 19x9 255/40's on front and rear, here's the result.
I can barely tell a difference from when I had the 19x9.5 275/40's on the rear.

However after seeing Rubedog's GT in person I must admit that his lowering job with Steeda Springs really looked good. Thinking about this for the future.
IMAG0456.jpg
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I just called my dealer asking if there were any issues changing out to 19x9 square and they said it would VOID parts of my warranty, specifically the suspension part of the warranty and the noise and rattle part of the warranty.

Of course nothing will probably happen if I carried through on this but I don't want to take the chance and have to fight with Ford if an issue does develop, in which they pull the 'wheel change' card on me.

Something else they said which I was not aware of is that the 'noise and rattle' part of the warranty is only good for the 1st year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. I might try to look that up to verify...but if anyone has noise and rattle issues take care of it sooner than later.

So if I believe what the dealer says I guess no one should buy any new wheels directly from Ford either, because it will void your suspension warranty since you changed your OE wheels!
I can tell you that if you swapped them, no dealer would even know you did it unless you bring it up because they are the Ford wheels. Now after market wheels yah, but I think they are blowing smoke up your you know what...

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Pack Mustang
Want to do the same with the 19 x 9 front and back. Are you still happy with that set-up? Any regrets?
I can't tell the difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Want to do the same with the 19 x 9 front and back. Are you still happy with that set-up? Any regrets?
I can't tell the difference.
It's been fine. I can't tell any difference. I don't regret it because I can rotate tires now. I also bought a spare from Ford. The spare won't fit over brembos but if I have a flat on front I take off the rear wheel and put spare on and then use the rear wheel up front. If I have flat in back I use the spare. I emailed Torsen and got a reply back that using the smaller diameter spare as a temp (following Ford spare tire usage guidelines) won't damage the Torsen.
So I am glad I did it.

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just bought a set of PP Front wheel take offs with tires, TPMS and center caps. Stated they only have 0 to 5 miles on them. $670.00 is not a bad price. Wonder if the gas millage will increase? Other posts were going with the 9.5 squared. What would that do to your warranty?

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just called my dealer asking if there were any issues changing out to 19x9 square and they said it would VOID parts of my warranty, specifically the suspension part of the warranty and the noise and rattle part of the warranty.

Of course nothing will probably happen if I carried through on this but I don't want to take the chance and have to fight with Ford if an issue does develop, in which they pull the 'wheel change' card on me.

Something else they said which I was not aware of is that the 'noise and rattle' part of the warranty is only good for the 1st year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. I might try to look that up to verify...but if anyone has noise and rattle issues take care of it sooner than later.

So if I believe what the dealer says I guess no one should buy any new wheels directly from Ford either, because it will void your suspension warranty since you changed your OE wheels!
I've had "noise & rattle warranty" work done with my OZ wheels (and BMR Delrin cradle bushings). I think your dealer is being a little fussy.

Sponsored

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Ford's PP 19x9 with the 255/40/19 in the rear and went to Discount Tire for balancing. Discount Tire stated "They can not touch them, due to load index rating and need 275/40/19 tires on them to make them safe." What the hell, is this true?

OP
OP

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Ford's PP 19x9 with the 255/40/19 in the rear and went to Discount Tire for balancing. Discount Tire stated "They can not touch them, due to load index rating and need 275/40/19 tires on them to make them safe." What the hell, is this true?
You can buy a new GT NON-PP, with all 4 wheels 19x9. You can buy a set of 4 from Ford (all 19x9). They don't know what they are talking about.
I'd go somewhere else.
I get mine rotated, balanced all the time at Big-O, no problem.

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
OK, I knew things a little strange. I have all 19 x9 and have the 255/40x19 tires. There is no difference between Mustangs models except for the PP brakes offset, then why would they stated I can't run that small tire on the rear.

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Last night I squared with the 19x9 with a extra set of front pp wheels. Running 255/40x19. The only information the tire shop will know about the mustang is that it's a GT. Hey Discount tire "Pull your head out your #%%."

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Had an oil change the other day at the dealership and they rotated my tires and had no clue of the rim and tire change.
Sponsored