Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
[MENTION=6647]Husker[/MENTION] Any updates from SickSpeed on the new design? I want to do this mod but am waiting for all the bugs to be worked out.
Received this email from them on March 18th.

Hello Harley,

We are sorry but there has not been a ETA. Our manufacture was closed all of February so we are getting back on track with all our items that we were getting made. Thank you.

-Oscar
I'm using the one I originally ordered with the Spring modification...Works but needs the correct sleeve to fit snug.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
OK, I went ahead an started ordering stuff for this mod. I ordered a manual shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover from Redline Goods. Black with red stripe and stitching to match my redline interior.
I also ordered a shift bezel from Ford for a manual. I'm planning on swapping out the auto bezel with the PRNDS with the manual bezel. I spoke with Speed Dawg today and they will make me a shift knob with the correct pattern on top (P-R-N-D-S). I sent an email off to SickSpeed about the adapter but haven't heard back.
I know you guys were using an adapter for a Honda but I don't know which one. Amazon carries several for earlier Mustangs but I don't know if any of them fit. As soon as I can figure out which adapter to get I'll order that and the knob. And the proper spring too as shown by [MENTION=6647]Husker[/MENTION].
I'll post pics as I get everything going.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
OK, I went ahead an started ordering stuff for this mod. I ordered a manual shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover from Redline Goods. Black with red stripe and stitching to match my redline interior.
I also ordered a shift bezel from Ford for a manual. I'm planning on swapping out the auto bezel with the PRNDS with the manual bezel. I spoke with Speed Dawg today and they will make me a shift knob with the correct pattern on top (P-R-N-D-S). I sent an email off to SickSpeed about the adapter but haven't heard back.
I know you guys were using an adapter for a Honda but I don't know which one. Amazon carries several for earlier Mustangs but I don't know if any of them fit. As soon as I can figure out which adapter to get I'll order that and the knob. And the proper spring too as shown by [MENTION=6647]Husker[/MENTION].
I'll post pics as I get everything going.
Im doing the same with my shift bezel. I got the manual bezel in. Im just waiting on redline to send the boot

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Well I got my Redline Goods interior pieces installed this weekend. I went ahead and ordered the manual shift boot bezel from Ford and switched over.
I have the parts from SickSpeed but am waiting for a custom shift knob from Speed Dawg with a P-R-N-D-S pattern. When that arrives I'll finish the changes.
And yes, I installed my new GT350R wheel too. :thumbsup:
20160501_121804_resized.jpg
20160501_121738_resized.jpg
20160501_121723_resized.jpg

nightmare702

Murdered Mustang #055
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
MMR#055. IG: @nightmares550
[MENTION=7389]Rickycardo[/MENTION] where did you get your manual boot bezel? Did you just go to the dealership or did you order online somewhere. I just can't seem to find it anywhere.:shrug:

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the same thing last weekend! Manual boot and everything. Btw how did you reattach the chrome trim down to the black base? Did you use epoxy?
20160417_161542-600x1067.jpg

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
That looks great! Yes, I re-attached the chrome trim to the black base using 3M Super 77 contact adhesive. I used emery cloth to roughen up the black plastic and remove the chrome from the trim. Then I glued them and clamped them overnight. I'm not sure it will hold if I have to remove the boot again but it is held together with no gaps.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks great! Yes, I re-attached the chrome trim to the black base using 3M Super 77 contact adhesive. I used emery cloth to roughen up the black plastic and remove the chrome from the trim. Then I glued them and clamped them overnight. I'm not sure it will hold if I have to remove the boot again but it is held together with no gaps.
The stuff i used didnt hold. I used gorrilla instand glue. Cracked right off after the first time i tried to remove the shift bezel.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I don't think 3M super 77 is the best stuff to use either but it's what I had. Were I doing it over I would go to an interior shop and get some professional contact cement.
The main thing though is to remove the chrome coating where you plan to glue the pieces. The glue will not stick to the chrome finish and will come right off. That and rough up the plastic so the glue has something to grab hold of.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
am i the only one who just wants the entire handle to be shorter? these are way too tall.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
am i the only one who just wants the entire handle to be shorter? these are way too tall.
Completely agree. Unfortunately it's limited by the height of the shifter shaft for the whole assembly. Without changing that, it's not going to be possible.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I finally got my custom shift knob from Speed Dawg. Finished up installation today. I had to wrap the adapter with a sticker to fill in the slop between the inner and outer pieces. Not bad but it still feels a little too loose for my taste. I'll have to do something else to it later.
No Spring yet, going shopping today.
1462821127.20160509_140417_resized.jpg
20160509_140351_resized.jpg
20160509_140359_resized.jpg

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
100% agree.

You can get it closer to stock height at least with a smaller ball.

If you look back a few pages there are comparison photos to stock sizes and the ball size most are using is a lot bigger than the OEM ball top. Adds a good inch of height just in the ball.

Page 4
eafe4766de1e9b2b9286d93e6709ca8f.jpg

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I measured everything when I put it back together today. The shaft is .500" (1/2 inch) in diameter, my shift knob and adapter are threaded 16mmx1.5. The minor dimension of the 16mm thread is only .558" or only 0.058" larger than the shifter shaft. Thats less than 1/16"
If you could get a shift knob with a larger thread and an adapter with a larger thread to match you could drill into the center of the ball and drill through the end of the threaded adapter and slide the entire assembly down lower onto the shaft. The adapter is a pretty easy (and sloppy) part to make. About any machinist could make one on his lunch break.
Then you could have a "short throw shifter" for an auto. :clap2:
Sponsored

Last edited: