waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
I have 2015 Mustang GT PP.

My coolant is leaking really slowly and sometime weird smell when stopped during driving.

First time i visited dealership when the coolant was lower than minimum and they said nothing was wrong and you coolant level was on Max level and a adviser told me i do not know how to read the level of coolant. BUT i have battery powered dash cam and it shows service man added coolant.

I waited for coolant was lowered again and i told them i have this kind of issue and i have dash cam, i saw you guys added coolant and please find out the problem. And then after few hours later the adviser said my car coolant is leaking around water pump and need to change the part.

It has been 1 weak after water pump was replaced. my coolant level is lower at minimum and i still smell time to time. I am planning to visit the dealership tomorrow again. This is 3rd visit about this issue.

Do you guys have any recommendation?
Sponsored

Last edited:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yes, a different dealership. I would never go back to someone who I caught in a lie.

OP
OP

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Yes, a different dealership. I would never go back to someone who I caught in a lie.
Problem is... that is only dealership i can go on weekdays unless they provide me loaner car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Problem is... that is only dealership i can go on weekdays unless they provide me loaner car.
I would ask to see the GM and explain what happened. Others are right, you do NOT want anyone who lies working on your car. Anyone who did what happened to you would even make things up to blame problems on you and might even risk losing your warranty.

If you talk to the GM (s)he might kick some butts and there is a good chance you would have a gut feel if you could trust that it won't happen again.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
not to hijack, but do you guys have your coolant level going down very slightly over the years?

my car is 1.5 yrs old and i'm not sure if it is normal to have dropped from the middle of the min and max level marks to right on the min level.

i do not see any leaks so i am lost.

thanks,

ivan

Sponsored

OP
OP

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
I would ask to see the GM and explain what happened. Others are right, you do NOT want anyone who lies working on your car. Anyone who did what happened to you would even make things up to blame problems on you and might even risk losing your warranty.

If you talk to the GM (s)he might kick some butts and there is a good chance you would have a gut feel if you could trust that it won't happen again.
Thanks let me try to talk to GM

OP
OP

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
not to hijack, but do you guys have your coolant level going down very slightly over the years?

my car is 1.5 yrs old and i'm not sure if it is normal to have dropped from the middle of the min and max level marks to right on the min level.

i do not see any leaks so i am lost.

thanks,

ivan
I was wander that on first time as well. That is why i just waited for second one happened.

First one happened in 1 years and not smell at all, So i need to know this was just vaporized or not.

Second one happened in 2 months and i smelled a lot time to time like 3 time in hours driving in local. No cars around me.

Third time just happened in 1 weak and i smelled again.

I meant coolant level dropped down from Max to lower than Min

Service center said the smell came from coolant because it was leaked and stayed some where in engine room and dropped on hot pipe or something and smells.

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
Once you have a problem with a dealership and then escalate it you need to find a new one. Let them take care of your current issue but then never go back.
Sponsored