cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
As of today here is where we stand:

- Drawings were completeed in AutoCAD
- Samples were cut out of cardboard on the lasercutter
- Samples are en route to my location to confirm fitment.

Will hope to having pricing for the fronts and rears in the coming hours.
Sponsored

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I'll probably be in. Please just update me with pricing as soon as you know it!

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just curious but are you having heat issues with the calipers now?

Every time we ran Ti. shields between the pads and the pistons we always had a slightly longer pedal. On some tracks that were terrible on brakes you had to do what ever you could to keep the brakes from boiling off the car but for most, a good set of ducts to the brakes would probably be a better option.

That's me though. Still nice to have another option.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just curious but are you having heat issues with the calipers now?

Every time we ran Ti. shields between the pads and the pistons we always had a slightly longer pedal. On some tracks that were terrible on brakes you had to do what ever you could to keep the brakes from boiling off the car but for most, a good set of ducts to the brakes would probably be a better option.

That's me though. Still nice to have another option.
They're separate issues. You need to get air over the brakes to cool them. That said they're still going to get glowing hot running race pads. You need high temp fluid to avoid getting a long pedal or worse no pedal. The Ti shields main function is to protect your dust boots on the pistons. If you're running race pads and driving at the edge you'll roast them in short order. They basically get crispy then disintegrate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I just got the group buy pricing and I think you are all going to be very happy! I am just waiting for the lead-time information before I post the group buy pricing and ordering instructions. I am on my way to BIR so may not get to this until after done running this evening.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
They're separate issues. You need to get air over the brakes to cool them. That said they're still going to get glowing hot running race pads. You need high temp fluid to avoid getting a long pedal or worse no pedal. The Ti shields main function is to protect your dust boots on the pistons. If you're running race pads and driving at the edge you'll roast them in short order. They basically get crispy then disintegrate.
In the race cars the calipers didn't have spots for dust boots and of course they had stainless small lines, knock back springs, floating rotors, thick pads...good fluid and still ran a slightly longer pedal with the Ti backing plates in there. Only reason why I never used them unless I just had to. Figured dust boots as a consumable for street cars.

You are correct though, on track the dust boots don't last that long, cooling ducts or not.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The Group Buy Pricing is as follows:

Retail for the fronts is $125, retail on the rears is $95

Group buy prices:
Front only $110 w/ free shipping
Front and rear combo $185 w/ free shipping

Please work directly with Nick at KNS Brakes. He can be reached at [email protected]

He requires a 50% deposit at order with the balance due at shipping in approximately three weeks.

The group buy price is only open for the first 30 sets of front and 20 sets of rear shields.

Sponsored

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Thanks Gary for making all the arrangements. Just sent Nick an email.

Charlie

And remember YPAF (Yellow Ponies Are Faster)