Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
My specs as of this morning:
Front:
Camber: -1.7/-1.9 (just BMR Handling springs, no camber bolts)
Toe: 0.0/0.0

Rear:
Camber: -1.5/-1.5
Toe: positive aka toe in 0.18/0.19
Ohh yeah, I should probably have mentioned toe... Zeroed out, all around.

Also, apparently TireRack shipped these shocks/struts 2 day because they are supposed to be here tomorrow by the end of the day! Will review when they are on!
Sponsored

OppositeLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My best run from today's crows landing tour event.

[ame]

my first nationals event, first time at crows and first time on decent tires(dunlop SS). Totally overshot the back hairpin after the second section. Oh well had loads of fun and great to meet a bunch of the guys from this forum there :headbang:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So Camaro SS got beaten by an Ecoboost... That's not going to help to get it out of FS :)
Amazing result though for Mark Scroggs, just shows that driver matters way more than hp number.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My best run from today's crows landing tour

my first nationals event, first time at crows and first time on decent tires(dunlop SS). Totally overshot the back hairpin after the second section. Oh well had loads of fun and great to meet a bunch of the guys from this forum there :headbang:
My turn, haha. At 57 secs and about 10-11 o'clock from drivers side I am standing there. Good to meet you!

My prep for events at Crow's is an HPDE because we have nothing like that for an autocross site in Oregon. The closest thing we can get is the airport site just across the river from Dalles but it's only about half as long as the area used for the practice course this weekend and asphalt.

OppositeLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So Camaro SS got beaten by an Ecoboost... That's not going to help to get it out of FS :)
Amazing result though for Mark Scroggs, just shows that driver matters way more than hp number.
yea absolutely phenomenal driving by mark. that thing looked hooked up too.

Sponsored

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Congrats, everyone!

Wow! Great job, everyone. S550s got it done. First in FS, First in STP, First in CAM-C. Good showing by all.

:ford: Wish I could of been there.

Best Regards,
John

P.S. #7, if you still have them, sell the Dunlops. As I'm sure you've heard, the B-Stones are way faster...Most important mod.

Anybody actually get the new Konis on, yet? I'm still waiting on fronts.

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
Worth noting in the Mustang (Scroggs) vs Camaro SS (Otis) battle:

-Mark DID get three additional balls-out looks at the course because of timing issues.
-Ryan had zero prep other than tires and alignment.
-Ryan didn't have to shift at all. Mark went to third four times each run.

Mark's fast run (his second, officially, but fifth look at the course) was on a left-front tire that already had a corded patch the size of my thumb, plus additional belt showing around the inside edges. Which makes his hero run all the more heroic, despite the extra seat time.

I took my final two runs on them, and Mark his last; the bite was clearly gone, and by the time our unlucky FSL driver took the wheel the car was pushing unpredictably. But she still managed to make it close.

Mark got every ounce out of the car and the tires, raw timing an impressive STX field and all but the pointy ends of every other Street and ST* class.

He corralled Chris Cox's shocks, installed them, found additional camber, adjusted the toe and rotated and flipped tires to keep them in top form. A hundred runs, 80 on the most abrasive surfaces the West Coast has to offer, with a championship time on No. 94. Minus those reruns, or a couple of extra test and tune runs I insisted taking, he calculated pretty much perfectly.

So not just a feat of driving, but a textbook lesson on autocrossing.

OppositeLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
P.S. #7, if you still have them, sell the Dunlops. As I'm sure you've heard, the B-Stones are way faster...Most important mod.
I realize they are a better fast autox tire, but i decided to get the Dunlops so i could daily on them and run them for the whole season. From everything ive read and local guys ive talked to, they last at least twice as long. And honestly, im nowhere near the top of the field at a nationals level...im still learning the car. Eventually ill buy another set of wheels with the bridgestones.

analog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I realize they are a better fast autox tire, but i decided to get the Dunlops so i could daily on them and run them for the whole season. From everything ive read and local guys ive talked to, they last at least twice as long. And honestly, im nowhere near the top of the field at a nationals level...im still learning the car. Eventually ill buy another set of wheels with the bridgestones.
Hey, Stefan. Nice to have met you at Crows this weekend.

If Des's car is any indication, I think these Bridgestones have more life in them than we think. Mark's best run on Sun was with a corded patch showing, so they can be run to the bitter end. Perhaps this is just my wishful thinking that I won't have to buy another set this season!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Hey, Stefan. Nice to have met you at Crows this weekend.

If Des's car is any indication, I think these Bridgestones have more life in them than we think. Mark's best run on Sun was with a corded patch showing, so they can be run to the bitter end. Perhaps this is just my wishful thinking that I won't have to buy another set this season!
The biggest issue with any bald or almost bald from wear autocross tire is RAIN driving, especially if you are like me and live someplace where it rains year round and drive long distances to events on the competition tires. That said my first set of RE-71R's went 152 runs and over 6000 miles before wearing down to 3 or 4/32's in the center grooves. The second set has about 50 runs and 5000 miles and is around 5/32's. Remember these start at a little over 7/32's in the center grooves. I don't "flip" or rotate f/r but I also don't have any runs with these tires on a highly abrasive surface like I understand Crows Landing has (we didn't run there when lived in the SF before moving to Raleigh in 1986.)

Sponsored

OppositeLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So not just a feat of driving, but a textbook lesson on autocrossing.
Watching his runs from the starting line during the timing issues was pretty awesome. He was cooking through the walloms in the second section...hell of a great drive:hail:

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
Crow's Pro update: Reality bites!

Fourth and sixth of eight drivers in FS. Alas, the Ecoboost acted like the DS car it probably really is. Course was too fast for second, but not fast enough that we were in the power band in third and able to control the rear end with throttle. My 60-foots weren't bad; Mark's were awful as he bogged big-time off the line.

Even if you cherry-pick best launches and the segments on each course off SoloStorm, you don't get the high 31-second run needed for a win. Fastest scratch for both of us were high 32s.

Clearly, Mark -- with two national-event wins and a second at El Toro over the last month -- is a little disappointed.

Side note: Sean O'Boyle in the E92 (the winner) absolutely destroyed everyone at the lights. It was very, very impressive.

OppositeLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Was watching that on solo-live. Sean was killing it! Still i good effort by everyone, with only a second or two separating first from last. Sorry i couldn't be there...looked like fun!
Sponsored