• Poll closed .

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
Come on man.. we all know the braces are 95% for looks. On the GT AND on the GT350. When I removed mine, I literally felt ZERO difference in handling. I take the same route daily, and I can maintain the exact same speeds through hard turns that I could with the brace on. And it feels just as tight. For the guys who like the brace, cool, I have no problem with it. I thought it looked cool on my car too. But that's about all it did, was look cool. Functionally I feel no difference at all. That was the "ricer" comment. As it is much more of a "looks" piece than it is actually doing anything. My data is driving the same car daily, on the same route daily, with and without the brace. Again.. if you like the brace and believe in the brace, awesome, enjoy :cheers:
You are correct. You will not feel a difference on the street even if you drive "really fast" to work. You are nowhere near 10/10ths on the street. However, if you are clipping a curb at the apex of a corner with your front wheels the car will feel more stable and be more predictable. For you the brace does nothing. For somebody closer to the limit it makes the car feel better.

Source? I drive this on a track....

picture.jpg
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I agree with the OP, this is what a supercharger should look like (yes, I know its on a Camaro :doh:"

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Wow... i did not know i was a ricer... DAMM!! i should take the brace off when i got the car.:hail:

Yeah actually i do not have any data about how much structural strength is increased but if it just add 0.1% support on corner... i would put it on my car.
Same as under body braces as well...

And Some people who believe brace does not work, Also believes roll cage in race car is for just looking good and just save people during the rolling. right?
the roll cage does not increase structural strength. right?:amen:

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Mannnn... really draggingggg this crap out. It was a joke. I don't give a rats ass if you have a brace, don't have a brace, put the brace in your bum bum, leave it on the car, love your brace, or hate your brace. Just enjoy the car, and please lets just get back on OP's topic of the thread. My god. I personally saw zero difference without it. However, as bbrilli said, I am not pushing my car to those limits.

Back to the topic... I saw that these systems are "Now Available". I didn't know they were out just yet. Very curious to hear some opinions on them from real life experience. I also saw that a stage 2 and 3 are coming soon. Will be interesting to see what those upgrades include. Maybe larger TB. That'd be nice.

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Wow... i did not know i was a ricer... DAMM!! i should take the brace off when i got the car.:hail:

Yeah actually i do not have any data about how much structural strength is increased but if it just add 0.1% support on corner... i would put it on my car.
Same as under body braces as well...

And Some people who believe brace does not work, Also believes roll cage in race car is for just looking good and just save people during the rolling. right?
the roll cage does not increase structural strength. right?:amen:
A well made roll cage is doing A LOT. I am by no means nieve to that :cheers:
Sponsored