Sponsored

The Dark Side...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I just cancelled my order after my recent test drive & have ordered an M4 Competition Pack (Manual Obviously ;) )

Turns out they will turn up within a few days of each other! So for anyone interested there will be a Guard & Saddle (No Custom Pack) available soon

PM me if you want location details
Good to see you went with the manual, good call! Weren't interested in the M2 then?
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I did not go AUTO with Mustang simply because the AUTO on offer is pretty crap, :)
A pretty opinionated sweeping statement there, and one I certainly wouldn't agree with.....Neither would my manual loving mate, whom took my Auto mustang in track mode over the EVO triangle yesterday.......said it was the most fun he'd had in a car for ages....

It also did this at the third attempt, and I'm pretty sure I can beat it with a bit of practice...

Just because Gibbo says it, doesn't make it so
Crap indeed:paddle::paddle:

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
Yes ... Great idea I wish everyone would cancel don't want any more mustangs about!!!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A pretty opinionated sweeping statement there, and one I certainly wouldn't agree with.....Neither would my manual loving mate, whom took my Auto mustang in track mode over the EVO triangle yesterday.......said it was the most fun he'd had in a car for ages....

It also did this at the third attempt, and I'm pretty sure I can beat it with a bit of practice...

Here we go again - man v auto! :popcorn:

OP
OP
MyMilkshake...

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
What did you pay for the M4? Ordered a 2012 650i with the M pkg! Landed for $120.......sold 3&1/2 yrs later for $65! That's a shitload of lost funds!! Never used the back seat...no room!! How's the room in the M4 back seat?

Yes, you trip to " The Dark Side" was indeedy, short lived! ps..got rid of my 6 Coupe just when it needed 4 run flats and 4 wheel disc brake job.....

At $ 11,000 !!!!...another reason I bailed! Service kills on those cars!

I think you're still allowed here...Lurkers Welcome". Good luck!
Back seats are good! Then again none of us are very large people, thy do depreciate well but the competition should hold residuals a lot better due to limited run (some dealerships don't have an allocation), run flats are awful! Carbon ceramic brakes may cost a lot when they need to be replaced, first thing in doing is changing the brake fluid, yeah stuffs expensive but hey ho it's all included :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyMilkshake...

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to see you went with the manual, good call! Weren't interested in the M2 then?
M2 just isn't enough car for me, seems a bit small for a proper car BUT also I needed a bit more space as it will be a daily driver

Allocation for those things are non existent lol! Trying to get one is like gold dust

OP
OP
MyMilkshake...

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to be honest I hate autos! For so many reasons but everyone requires different things from cars

Manual is a drivers car
Auto is an arm chair ;)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Here we go again - man v auto! :popcorn:
Nope.... Just pisses me off, when someone makes such a sweeping statement, as if his opinion is the correct one

If it was crap, no one would buy it.....:shrug:

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
I Love the manual in the Mustang, hate autos with a passion, loved my DCT box in the M3, can't stand BMW manual shifters.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

OK crap is a little harsh but its not great either, it does the job. But it is not even remotely close to BMW's 8 speed ZF box let alone the DCT boxes the M cars come with.

If I'd not being spoiled by BMW and Porsche with their fancy dual clutch transmissions then I am sure the AUTO in the Mustang would suffice but I like to drive an Auto on the paddles and I enjoy firm shifts and the auto in the Mustang is slow, pull the paddle, take a drink of tea and oh there is a gear, ok not that slow but I want instant snappy firm shifts when in sports mode and the current Mustang auto for me does not offer this.

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
OK crap is a little harsh but its not great either, it does the job. But it is not even remotely close to BMW's 8 speed ZF box let alone the DCT boxes the M cars come with.

If I'd not being spoiled by BMW and Porsche with their fancy dual clutch transmissions then I am sure the AUTO in the Mustang would suffice but I like to drive an Auto on the paddles and I enjoy firm shifts and the auto in the Mustang is slow, pull the paddle, take a drink of tea and oh there is a gear, ok not that slow but I want instant snappy firm shifts when in sports mode and the current Mustang auto for me does not offer this.
Have to say I agree (although I've ordered an Auto )

My current car is a slush-matic (ok not quite 3 speed but you get the idea) but with flappy paddles and it is slow to change. Bizarrely using the gearstick is slightly quicker to respond than the pedals but you still get the feeling of waiting for something to happen.

I had a courtesy car last week from Audi with one of the newer double clutch jobs and have to say it was fantastic - instant response and changes in milliseconds. Quite addictive.

Not waiting another bloody year for my 'stang though so I'll make do with the current auto. It can still change gear quicker than I can :D

OP
OP
MyMilkshake...

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Love the manual in the Mustang, hate autos with a passion, loved my DCT box in the M3, can't stand BMW manual shifters.
Why's that? There manual box in the competition pack is sweet! Who has a performance car and no manual?

There no way I would even take a look at the DCT, even in my 911 I had a short throw shifter over PDK, then again I use mine on tracks and balancing a car with the clutch and modulating throughout corners is very useful, autos just don't compare on a track

Horses for courses :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I prefer the quicker car.....which is why I went auto:D:D:lol:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope.... Just pisses me off, when someone makes such a sweeping statement, as if his opinion is the correct one

If it was crap, no one would buy it.....:shrug:
Hah, not sure the fact people buy things means it's any good! Lots of examples of people buying tat, especially at Christmas time! Auto v man, i agree it's a personal thing but i prefer manual and im pleased when people buy them, as otherwise if demand falls too much then manufacturers will only give us a flappy paddle option.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 just isn't enough car for me, seems a bit small for a proper car BUT also I needed a bit more space as it will be a daily driver

Allocation for those things are non existent lol! Trying to get one is like gold dust
Yes, i spoke to a dealer on one and they were quoting 2 years for an M2, should help residuals if restricted supply. You're right, the main problem with the M2 is it's a bit too small to be a proper car.
Sponsored