Sponsored

MBRP Street vs Race

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Hey guys,

I want to order a MBRP exhaust but haven't decided on a Street vs Race dilemma yet. I want a deep tone and want to have the exhaust loud if I want to - like accelerating on a high RPMs. I fear that Street will be too quiet.

My biggest concerns regarding Race are:
1, Attention-whore while driving in the city. How loud it is whilst cruising on a low RPMs in the city? I don't wanna sound like a wannabe kid gangster.
2, Drone, especially in cruising RPMs on highway/city.
3, Overall feeling during long rides like road trips. I want to enjoy my road trips not being annoyed.

I know there are plenty of videos, but I would like to hear thought from the owners of Race on these three points. Thanks!
Sponsored

Rascalrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP Prem.
I went with the 'street' and am happy. Noise when you want and realitivly quiet when you don't. I went to the EB from a 03 Mach 1 that was stupid loud so the peace and quiet is welcomed! Lol

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
I just ordered the RACE version, one thing to keep in mind, most exhaust systems quiet down some when they "settle" after a bit of use. It will always be the loudest at first install

DMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost | Magnetic Metallic
I have the race version. I'll answer my questions to the best of my ability.

1. The exhaust is not excessively loud at low RPMs. It is completely tolerable and not attention-whorey at all. However, if you have a manual and rev match your downshifts to higher RPMs (like 3k+) you will get a lot of pops and some cackle. It sounds great and can draw attention if you want it, but it can also be avoided easily as well. I've never had complaints about my system and I live in town and leave at random hours throughout the middle of the night.

2. It can drone a little, but not bad. On the highway it is usually fine but there is one road I travel everyday and the speed limit is 40, I have to run in 5th gear and I find the exhaust drones a lot in 5th @ 40.

3. I just went on a 2 hour highway trip last night cruising 75+ the whole time and drone was not noticeable at all. The exhaust adds a little extra vibration to the car, but definitely livable and well worth it for the improved sound, imo.

I love my race version and I kinda wish it was a little louder, but loudness and what is acceptable is very subjective.

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I have the Street and it is on the limit of what I consider loud. It's incredibly deep, something you can't hear in video.

There is 0 drone at any speed which is great and while you are cruising at around 2k rpm you can't hear it over the radio at all. It really opens up at around 4k and the sound from there on is pretty spectacular considering it's coming out of an EB. Lot's of pops and crackles also but that might be mainly my tune.

Sponsored

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Use the race and buy the vibrant resonator setup Vargas talked about in the post, will eliminate virtually all drone and smooth everything out!

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I went with RACE and I love it. I love the deep bass that comes with it and it isn't loud unless you get on it. Definitely would recommend it to anyone.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Great thread OP.

Great feedback as well guys. I'm sure lots of people will like this information.

The youtube videos leave more to be desired.

I'm eyeing the Street myself.

If anyone has video of their cars feel free to post them.

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Please do not judge these exhausts from videos. I can give you a video of my race exhaust but it will do no justice. Race has a very bassy sound to it which you won't be able to catch unless you heard it in person

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Thanks for your opinions guys, really helpful. Ordering Race :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
But honestly, I'm quite confused reading the description on CJ Pony Parts:

Race
MBRP introduces their new loud, aggressive, wake your neighbors up in the morning kind of option with the Stainless Steel...

Street
MBRP introduces their new tame, yet aggressive, not wake your neighbors up in the morning kind of option with the Stainless Steel...

Is that really such a high volume thing or is it acceptable? I've read somewhere that Race is like 10-15% louder than Street and now I read this. :eyebulge:

DMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost | Magnetic Metallic
But honestly, I'm quite confused reading the description on CJ Pony Parts:

Race
MBRP introduces their new loud, aggressive, wake your neighbors up in the morning kind of option with the Stainless Steel...

Street
MBRP introduces their new tame, yet aggressive, not wake your neighbors up in the morning kind of option with the Stainless Steel...

Is that really such a high volume thing or is it acceptable? I've read somewhere that Race is like 10-15% louder than Street and now I read this. :eyebulge:
Just a marketing ploy by MBRP or CJ Pony Parts. I haven't heard the street in person, but my race is definitely not "wake your neighbors up" loud. If you were running a catless dp it probably would be, but with the stock down pipe it is definitely fine.

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
That's completely false unless you're driving around at 5k RPM. You will have road presene if you were to gun if on the high way.

CompetitionOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Honestly, the race isnt super loud, and i really dont notice a drone. Sounds great, nothing crazy when cruising, but can scream when you open it up. I have stock DP though. Each driver has a different sensitivity when it comes to drone.

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
Also, companies like that use generic descriptions. They could be using the same as the V8 on the I4 description. Im sure the 5.0 might wake up your neighbors with this exhaust, the 2.3 not so much.
Sponsored