Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
the difference is the scam
they collect our money with attractive price, hold the money for about 2 months, collect our info, screw other dealers sales....later send you an email, sorry the price is higher even they knew from the beginning that the price is way tooo low
Not understanding this. First, some vendors are saying they are still shipping orders placed some time in Feb at the original price but are still waiting to get them from Ford. Second, if they shipped wheels at the low price, doesn't that prove it wasn't a scam? And since some of those orders that are still being honored were less than 2 months ago are you sure you ordered before then?

So since it's not a scam for some, you shouldn't paint all vendors with that brush. Just say what date you ordered and what vendor.
Sponsored

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
"The GT350 Steering Wheel FR3Z-3600-BD is subject to a recent Ford price increase. The new price is $361.60. If you are still interested in the order, we can send you a funds request in a separate e-mail for $162.60. We can also change the order to the Ford Racing red stitch GT350 M-3600-M350R wheel for $350.30, which would require additional funds of $151.30. Please advise by e-mail if you would like to continue or cancel the order. Thanks."

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
"The GT350 Steering Wheel FR3Z-3600-BD is subject to a recent Ford price increase. The new price is $361.60. If you are still interested in the order, we can send you a funds request in a separate e-mail for $162.60. We can also change the order to the Ford Racing red stitch GT350 M-3600-M350R wheel for $350.30, which would require additional funds of $151.30. Please advise by e-mail if you would like to continue or cancel the order. Thanks."
Okay, but really totally useless information to anyone on the forums without the date of your order and the vendor and even the date of the email.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I got a shipping update from Levittown and was so excited! But it was my CS front splitter shipping and not the steering wheel. I am happy and sad at the same time.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I got a shipping update from Levittown and was so excited! But it was my CS front splitter shipping and not the steering wheel. I am happy and sad at the same time.
Thanks for getting our hopes up......... and then smashing them cruelly on the rocks of unfulfilled needs.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Thanks for getting our hopes up......... and then smashing them cruelly on the rocks of unfulfilled needs.
Doin my best! :thumbsup::frusty::headbonk::lol::cheers:

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Hey Everyone,

We appreciate your patience during this frustrating time. Benny is on vacation this week, but I can tell you that we are doing everything we can to fulfill orders as quickly as we can, and at the original price as much as possible. Unfortunately Ford screwed both vendors and customers on this one. If anyone has questions about their specific order with us, please PM me.

Thanks,
~ Mike

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm guessing these are two wheels we are still waiting for, but PM me your info & I'd be more than happy to take a look. :)

-Mike R
Pm sent I ordered through Levittown

Last edited:

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Hey Everyone,

We appreciate your patience during this frustrating time. Benny is on vacation this week, but I can tell you that we are doing everything we can to fulfill orders as quickly as we can, and at the original price as much as possible. Unfortunately Ford screwed both vendors and customers on this one. If anyone has questions about their specific order with us, please PM me.

Thanks,
~ Mike
I already cancelled my order and got a refund to my credit card, but it was pretty disappointing finding out about the increase after your website still had it at $199 when I put the order in.

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
If you go to the store and grab an item and go to the cash register, they have to sell it for the price on the sticker.
If you place an order on the website, the dealer has to sell it for the posted price.
What they do to us it illegal.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If you go to the store and grab an item and go to the cash register, they have to sell it for the price on the sticker.
If you place an order on the website, the dealer has to sell it for the posted price.
Actually they don't, its the retailers discretion on if they want to honor a pricing error. Most will if its a minor amount of money but when you are talking about hundreds of dollars there is no business that is going to eat that especially on something that is in such high demand, quick way to go out of business and be in debt. Be glad they are giving you the option to back out of the deal if you dont want to pay what Ford decided to start charging for it.

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
LOL, care to quote the law, or are you just being a crybaby?

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the guys who are getting all bent at the vendors who obviously got screwed by Ford. :rant:

It's not uncommon at all as a retail business to take orders for a product that you are out of stock on and then ship it at a later date when it arrives. If the price is increased by a significant amount by the supplier (Ford), you either refund the money to the original buyer or the buyer pays the difference. It's not that difficult. Do you think there was collusion between all these vendors and Ford to take advantage of customers? Let's get serious here.

It's not like you paid for one thing and was shipped another. There isn't anything "illegal" going on. That's just being ignorant. Ford is being the ass hat here and the vendors are having to make best of a bad situation.

Put yourself in the vendors shoes. If you had pre-sold 25 steering wheels and then Ford increased your cost by $150, are you going to eat over $3700 and ship the wheels out under cost? Hell no, not if you are a smart business man.

I paid for one of these GT350R steering wheels from Lethal at a lower price and received news of the cost increase in an email. Was I pissed? Hell yes, but not at them. Ford is the one who raised the price. I understood the situation, bought a wheel that was currently in stock from another vendor at a higher price and moved on. Instead of having Lethal refund my money, they agreed to ship me two different items that they had in stock at a slightly higher price than the steering wheel for the same price. That my friends is good business and why I will buy from Lethal in the future.

I think it's time we all got over it and move on. Based on what Ford has been doing, if you are interested in a GT350 intake manifold you had better buy it now rather than later if you don't want to pay a higher price. ;)
Sponsored