steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT California Special Velocity Blue
Hey all,
I Bought the Bama SCT X4 with Tunes for life.

BAMA
1. Got the 93 performance and 93 race tunes. Both tunes were giving me detonation in sixth gear under load at low to mid RPM. My thought my gas must be garbage.

2. I then requested and received (pretty quickly I must add) 91 performance and race tunes. Same Issues as before. I'm now going to datalog my tunes and ask for revisions...but since I have now purchased a Steeda CAI I have to wait for the new tunes for it before I can Datalog.

Verdict so far: Customer service is excellent .Overall I'm very happy with the performance gains although I'm careful to keep my rpm up . Cant wait to get datalogs done and tunes adjusted and see how it does.

STEEDA

Nothing to report yet on the tune.

Ive had nothing but problems even getting the tune. First they said my card was declined even though I have 0 balance on 1500 limit card . I had to phone them to find this out . I never recieved email or call from them saying this. I had them run it on a different card. I was then told that I would receive an email .
No email was ever received. I then sent in a cs request which i received no response from. finally yesterday i get a request l from Will saying my sct serial number was wrong. I sent in the number off the back of the device with a request to them that they respond to let me know if they received the correct one. here it is about 20 hours later and nothing.

Update : Called them verified everything was good to go. was told I should receive the tune today.

Update : Tune and Cold air intake installed. very noticeable power gains. Runs very smooth...I absolutely love the tune.

Verdict so far: Tune is awesome ...was told by tuner that is auto adjusts from 91-93 octane which I really like based on sometimes you might get a week tank of gas..Awesome power and driveability . I would recommend this tune to anyone. On a side note I love the CAI also. I'll give Customer service a pass because once i called everything got straightened out. They were very helpful when you called .
Sponsored

Last edited:

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
You get what you pay for just saying. Any reason you didn't opt for the unleashed tune instead?

OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
haven't researched it.

Hey there,
No no reason didn't even know about it but if i don't get the steeda one by tomorrow I'll be requesting my money back. then I'll look into it.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Hey there,
No no reason didn't even know about it but if i don't get the steeda one by tomorrow I'll be requesting my money back. then I'll look into it.
If you buy the sct x4 through unleashed tuning he'll give you a free custom tuning. He's on the forum here as well.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
All the big name tuners give free revisions. They just don't put a fancy marketing name on it like "free tunes for life".

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
How much positive knock were you getting on the Bama 93 tune and did you have 93 gas?

OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Quite a bit down low. Reflashed to stock. Yes I have 93 octane its all I run.

It did it with the 91 tune also.

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Hey all,

BAMA
1. Got the 93 performance and 93 race tunes. Both tunes were giving me detonation in sixth gear under load at low to mid RPM. My thought my gas must be garbage.

2. I then requested and received (pretty quickly I must add) 91 performance and race tunes. Same Issues as before. I'm now going to datalog my tunes and ask for revisions...but since I have now purchased a Steeda CAI I have to wait for the new tunes for it before I can Datalog.

Verdict so far: Customer service is excellent .Overall I'm very happy with the performance gains although I'm careful to keep my rpm up . Cant wait to get datalogs done and tunes adjusted and see how it does.

STEEDA

Ive had nothing but problems even getting the tune. First they said my card was declined even though I have 0 balance on 1500 limit card . I had to phone them to find this out . I never recieved email or call from them saying this. I had them run it on a different card. I was then told that I would receive an email .
No email was ever received. I then sent in a cs request which i received no response from. finally yesterday i get a request l from Will saying my sct serial number was wrong. I sent in the number off the back of the device with a request to them that they respond to let me know if they received the correct one. here it is about 20 hours later and nothing.

Update : Called them verified everything was good to go. was told I should receive the tune today.

Verdict so far: No info on tune but Customer service sucks online but is pretty good over the phone.
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Can you DM us your order info so we can look into this for you and get you setup with a lead/datalog to resolve these issues.

mhagerty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
That's weird about Steeda, I ordered my tune late on a Friday and got it within a couple of hours.

OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
The Steeda Tune came through finally. I'm at work so Tomorrow installing the CAI and the tune.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hey all,

BAMA

STEEDA

Verdict so far: No info on tune but Customer service sucks online but is pretty good over the phone.
If your card is declined, usually an email notification gets sent out to let you know. We also usually include a note as to why it may have been declined, you may want to check your spam folder.

Also, we don't have anyone working here by the name of Will...

Let us know how you like the tune once it's loaded in.

OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah double checked email it was Matt not will. no there was nothing in email spam anywhere. just didnt come through the only email I received was tell me order went through then when I called wondering what was up I was told it was declined...ehh its all good....I LOVE the tune and the CAI . This is going to be the tune I run no issues at all so far and damn good power. I will be fair and test Bamas 93 CAI tune but to be honest will take allot to stop me from running Steedas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Going with Steeda

Ok my comparison between the 2 Tunes Both Give good power and acceleration . But After the detonation issues I feel safer with the Steeda tune.

I wouldn't turn anyone away from Bama but i kind of feel like Bama tunes on the raw edge chasing every pony they can get where I feel Steeda tunes for power and driveability .

As this car is my daily driver I'm going to stay with the Steeda tunes. Later down the line when I start heavily modding I will then look into Unleashed or Lund or even a custom Dyno tune.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ok my comparison between the 2 Tunes Both Give good power and acceleration . But After the detonation issues I feel safer with the Steeda tune.

I wouldn't turn anyone away from Bama but i kind of feel like Bama tunes on the raw edge chasing every pony they can get where I feel Steeda tunes for power and driveability .

As this car is my daily driver I'm going to stay with the Steeda tunes. Later down the line when I start heavily modding I will then look into Unleashed or Lund or even a custom Dyno tune.
Glad you're liking the tune! If you're happy, we're happy :cheers:

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I've had both on my car, the Steeda on my 2012 Stang GT and Bama on my 2015 Mustang GT. Both were were poor tunes, poor driveability with poor customer service, specifically by Bama. With my 12, I went with AED and he solved all my problems. Steeda and Bama couldn't hold a candle to AED's tuning. I now have a custom tuner who is rock solid as well. I won't touch Steeda or Bama tunes again.
Sponsored