Sponsored

Howler Coyote F/R Badges - PLEASE READ 1st PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Oy and Nathan did everything they can the get the best the can and make it in a really really fair cost (25$). Put it in your car and i'm sure you won't even notice the defects even from 1 meter distance.
Enjoy
Sponsored

DIB2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium/pp
Where are you guys getting your tracking #'s from? I was told mine shipped but no tracking

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I never expected perfection, but that is because I am grounded in reality. There is no such thing as perfection. But when it was posted that there was a reason for the delays due to corrections to quality controls.....I assumed that these delays would be worth it, if they fixed the product issues. You may not care one bit about what mods you put on your car like I do or other mustang owners do. You might be ok with sicking autozone products on it for all I know, but I do care. Not everyone will notice the imperfects and defects on this badge. But you know what? I will, because at the end of the day. Its my car. Not yours. Now hand me that magnifying glass. :paddle:
I'm actually pretty OCD when it comes to my car and have installed all the modifications myself. I can guarantee the factory paint on your car has worse imperfections than what you showed in your zoomed in pics of a $25 badge.

Now, if you're done bitching about a badge that set you back a whopping $25, send a PM to OY and get a refund.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Exactly, send them back. Im sure someone on the waiting list will be happy to get theirs early, and everyone stop b*tching.

And next actually read the thread that they are HAND PAINTED.

Sponsored

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
im #186 on the list... any idea when mine will be shipped?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
To be fair this is why more people dont step up and build custom projects in the community. These guys are probably making pennies per order with free shipping and the part cost only doing 200-300 at a time (not a huge bulk order). Ok not pennies, but no one is getting rich at $25/badge shipping for free (and splitting up the design/molding cost per badge), let's be real here.

Too many ungrateful people. If not happy RETURN THEM. Period. Ive never seen these guys not take back something that someone was unhappy with or even damaged.

But dont cry and whine on here. We're on page 63 here, it had not been hidden these are hand painted and will NEVER be perfect. People know exactly what they are getting here.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrived...

I will have a private conversation with Oy about the quality. While we can all appreciate that the effort and initiative was made for us, fact is, maybe these items should be sourced and produced in the USA. If I had to pay ten or fifteen more per badge to have them correct after a near five month wait, I would.

To those panning it off as "stop bitching, the badges are $25" Are yours missing nickel coating on the face, or worse?

This is the problem with sourcing production in China. Plastic wrap around the badges, and the a bubble mailer should be somewhat sufficient to protect these badges. Oy is going a step further for the latest shipments with the boxes. (Mine were not unfortunately) but I do not feel that is where the issue lies.

No offense to Oy or Nathan, they are stand up fellas and will no doubt take care of or try to take care of the issues. I think they are just dealing with a no win battle with their suppliers origins and lack of quality control or consistency of same.

This is in no way a bash and I am not shit talking a soul here. Simply my $.02 and facts about what we have been seeing with a CORRECTED product.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Id reach out to Oy and Nathan first. I dont have mine yet but it seens majority are happy. Shit i ordered mine cause they are awesome design and the price is awesome too. I dont even have a grille or rear decklid to put them on yet. I just knew i had to have it!

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I didnt say it was right. Id reach out to Oy and Nathan first. But no reason to attack the guy like that is all im saying. I dont have mine yet but it seens majority are happy. Shit i ordered mine cause they are awesome design and the price is awesome too. I dont even have a grille or rear decklid to put them on yet. I just knew i had to have it!
Agreed. And also on the same boat. Just needed to have it after seeing the design.

Sponsored

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Oy and Nathan did everything they can the get the best the can and make it in a really really fair cost (25$). Put it in your car and i'm sure you won't even notice the defects even from 1 meter distance.
Enjoy
I am a customer. I will bring up my concerns all I want. Tell you what, when you buy me a badge for $25.00 I will stop "Complaining." When its not my hard earned money and its free I will have no reason to complain. I can PM you my address and you can refund me my money... IT TOOK 6 LONG Months to get this badge. The money is not the issue. Its the quality and the time, only to get something sub-par at best.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I didnt say it was right. Id reach out to Oy and Nathan first. I dont have mine yet but it seens majority are happy. Shit i ordered mine cause they are awesome design and the price is awesome too. I dont even have a grille or rear decklid to put them on yet. I just knew i had to have it!
I'll have mine in hand soon. If it's only a couple tiny imperfections I'll be just fine with that. Obviously if the thing is dented to shit I won't be happy, but I'm thinking they'll be acceptable for the amount spent.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mine arrived...

I will have a private conversation with Oy about the quality. While we can all appreciate that the effort and initiative was made for us, fact is, maybe these items should be sourced and produced in the USA. If I had to pay ten or fifteen more per badge to have them correct after a near five month wait, I would.

To those panning it off as "stop bitching, the badges are $25" Are yours missing nickel coating on the face, or worse?

This is the problem with sourcing production in China. Plastic wrap around the badges, and the a bubble mailer should be somewhat sufficient to protect these badges. Oy is going a step further for the latest shipments with the boxes. (Mine were not unfortunately) but I do not feel that is where the issue lies.

No offense to Oy or Nathan, they are stand up fellas and will no doubt take care of or try to take care of the issues. I think they are just dealing with a no win battle with their suppliers origins and lack of quality control or consistency of same.

This is in no way a bash and I am not shit talking a soul here. Simply my $.02 and facts about what we have been seeing with a CORRECTED product.
Yup mine were damaged a page or 2 back, and Im still saying that. These guys are doing their best to make it right.

They could've never even started this project frankly. But as you said, the CORRECT method is have PRIVATE conversation if you are unhappy; key words there.

I am more than positive after numerous conversations with Oy that if there are issues he will make them right at no cost, or refund you if you're not happy. There's no gun to anyone's head to keep them though.

Yes they are hit or miss. They are hand-painted, nature of the beast that they wont ever be 100% uniform.

And bringing them state-side with guaranteed quality machine painted will be a LOT more than $15-20 extra in such a small order (200-300 is tiny to a company). There's a reason the OE badges, which are plastic with fake plating at that, are so expensive ($25 for one hollow plastic 5.0 is expensive). And those are made in MUCH higher quantities than 200-300

Maybe there's a way. But I have still yet to see anyone step up with a better solution so... Id like to see the whiners put THEIR time in and research a better solution/manufacturer for SCS then. Or just freakin return them Im more than sure SCS is happy to fill another waiting order with them.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I get peoples frustration after the long wait and 50$ isn't exactly change in our pockets for most of us, but we all knew this was a project and the risks with it. Ill be upset if mine is banged up like a couple I've seen but i know thats not the norm. A few flaws are to be expected and I hope you guys keep making awesome stuff like this for the forum, you'll just have to come up with some kind of quality disclaimer o something I guess to cover your asses

too long/ didn't read: [MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] keep doing your things

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I get peoples frustration after the long wait and 50$ isn't exactly change in our pockets for most of us, but we all knew this was a project and the risks with it. Ill be upset if mine is banged up like a couple I've seen but i know thats not the norm. A few flaws are to be expected and I hope you guys keep making awesome stuff like this for the forum, you'll just have to come up with some kind of quality disclaimer o something I guess to cover your asses

too long/ didn't read: [MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] keep doing your things
Exactly, everyone knew the risks of the project. That's the main point to take away.

It's not an OEM part where they are 99% always the same, stamped and machine coated by a robot.

People are more than free to return them; they are not show car items (nose to the badge perfect) where it will be 100% perfect, and should never have expect to be. SCS will fill another order with them for one of the hundreds who want them still.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.