Status
Not open for further replies.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
crap... this explains some stuff :)

the mobile version is not a good/complete replacement though so it will be missed :(
Sponsored

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Sucks because I use Tapatalk 99% of the time :(

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Tapatalk was a nice thing to have, but I'll get by w/out it.

I did just get a reply back from "Howdy Dong" in their customer support when I asked about error messages lol.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Well this explains why I couldn't log in! Thank you to Mustang6G for being transparent about the reasoning behind pulling out of Tapatalk and while I will miss the push notification convenience (hint hint), I will make do with the mobile site.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is one of the best run forums I've seen.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Well this sucks. Looks like i wont be logging in much any more. The mobile version of this site is painful. If theres not another solution, users are going to start dropping like flies.

Now theres no way for me to get notifications (i refuse to turns on emails just to get the notification way late)
Also phone users have to find a photo host to link all of their stuff to which is another pain on a mobile device
Also the search funcion on this "mobile site" doesnt work for chrome on android so get ready for a ton of REPOSTS!

I understand why it was done, but not offering an alternative isnt really fair to the users... or vendors for that matter.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I am in FULL support of this decision and glad to see that it has been done. Tapatalk is an absolute joke. I have had serious issues with it on another forum that were flat out unacceptable and probably illegal and I now refuse to use it. Now I know why... the security vulnerability!

The mobile version of this site NEVER works for me on my iPhone. I'm not a mobile device forum surfer so I don't really care, but if I want to answer a PM, some version of this site comes up and it just doesn't let me log in or do anything. I just wait until I can get home to a real computer, but perhaps the mobile version needs some refinement. Literally the exact site, simplified, is all that is needed... nothing fancy.

It'd be nice if the User CP section will list "My Threads" (threads I've started) and "My Subscriptions" in a nice condensed, simple list. Then I can just go in there, see what I'm up to, click here to get there real quick. Sometimes I can't find my own classified ads, for example, in these forums and it is infuriating. Just want a dashboard that has "my stuff" - bada bing, bada boom.

Thank you for dumping Tapatalk!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Facebook is far worse and I'd bet almost everyone in this forum uses it.

I liked TapTalk for Instant notificifications and being able to add pictures to posts and especially selling parts.

I'm ok with the greater good of the forum but it would have been nice to either have had a choice in the matter or have had a comparable option already setup before crippling some of us.

MJ2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP DIB
I enjoyed accessing the site through tapatalk, and it made uploading pics easy.
But this:Tapatalk is owned by a Chinese parent company that (as rumored) previously partnered with the Chinese Government............
Good enough reason for me.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There is not going to be a uniform solution that will make everyone happy, but we're weighing the options and may add an additional, more minimalist mobile style for those that prefer it. It will take some time obviously.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume theres still not going to be an option for photo hosting?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I assume theres still not going to be an option for photo hosting?
Attachments work for me on both the full site version and the mobile version, using iOS. Clicking on Advanced pops up a new window where you can add images from your photo library, iCloud drive, Dropbox or even open the Camera app to take a photo to attach.

Is this not working on Android? If not, I'll have the styling guys take a look and see if a fix can be added.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to backdoor it with a 3rd party app to go straight to my gallery. Android doesnt pop up gallery as an option. You can get to it, but its about 10 clicks in.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Well that's a bummer. The mobile version isn't a good substitute. I'll manage... I only use tapatalk when I'm at work, on break. Guess I'll go back to browsing reddit instead. At home, I only use my desktop pc, so it's not a big deal there.

Like others said, I wouldn't be surprised if traffic falls off quite a bit.

Blackbeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Anyone else's Tapatalk app not working?

My app is saying this forum doesn't have the plug-in for the app anymore. Anybody else getting that for iOS?

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Same here. Its been going on for like 2 days now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.