Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
meh kinda just seems like an ad to say hey we back our product. If I broke any car on the track I would tow it to the dealer and not mention where it happened, not worth the issues. plus how many people really track their SS completely stock? they don't even back their track versions on the track LOL

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Very smart move on their part. It proves that the manufacturer believes in their parts, build quality and employees that build and design their cars.

They used the word "craftsmanship". That's a word never before used together with "muscle car" in the same context.

I'm not a fan of the seating and visibility of the new Camaro, but, I have to commend them for their commitment. I'm certain it will earn them sales.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just another gimmick to boost sales.
Doesn't hurt to know your car is covered. Ford has always been iffy about warranty support during track use. It's like you buy a Mustang but they want you to drive it like a Fusion.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Just another gimmick to boost sales.
No gimmick, it's been this way for awhile. I don't understand why it is presented a something new. What they don't say is they will not cover the car if you are engaged in a timed event. I.e. Friday night test-n-tune at the dragstrip is fine, but if you are bracket racing for a payout, you're not. Likewise, if you're at a club track day/HPDE that is just having fun, you're covered, but if the event is timed and looking for people to put down lap times, you're not.

I'm pretty sure this is the same stance with Ford. They just don't advertise it. In either case, if the car your driving is in any way modified from the way it was delivered from the factory, you won't be covered.

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
hardly anyone out actually tracks though so its good PR for them and nice to know. Does that mean they are going to fix overheating Z06s?

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Doesn't hurt to know your car is covered. Ford has always been iffy about warranty support during track use. It's like you buy a Mustang but they want you to drive it like a Fusion.
Lol you know warranties have never been intended to cover racing a vehicle right? Don't play if your afraid to pay. Simple as that.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Lol you know warranties have never been intended to cover racing a vehicle right? Don't play if your afraid to pay. Simple as that.
HPDEs aren't "racing". If the warranty on a bone stock *sports car* (especially one with extra factory go-fast bits, like in the performance package) can't even cover going fast for a weekend once every several weeks in a controlled environment for the first three years of ownership, that's pretty weak and doesn't show a lot of confidence in the product.

I know the problem isn't specific to Ford, but that shouldn't make it OK to any driving enthusiast.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Like Garagelogic said, there's a big catch. You can't be in it for ranking for money, at all. Even running qualifying rounds for bracket racing will violate their terms.

It's either HPDE's or test-n-tunes, that's it. Nothing else.

And even at that, they'll do everything they can to say otherwise.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I think Ford may have a harder time denying "track" claims with the inclusion of (drum roll) Track Apps installed in the car from the factory. What else is Line Lock, Launch Control, etc for unless to use at the track? I guess we shall see if/when someone tries.

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
I had a 98 camaro ss and was at test and tune. I was running high 12's all evening with only a lid. I ended up with a cel and drove to the dealer on Monday. The service manager said right off with those were some awesome runs haha. Everything was under warranty and no negative comments on the racing [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
No gimmick, it's been this way for awhile. I don't understand why it is presented a something new. What they don't say is they will not cover the car if you are engaged in a timed event. I.e. Friday night test-n-tune at the dragstrip is fine, but if you are bracket racing for a payout, you're not. Likewise, if you're at a club track day/HPDE that is just having fun, you're covered, but if the event is timed and looking for people to put down lap times, you're not.

I'm pretty sure this is the same stance with Ford. They just don't advertise it. In either case, if the car your driving is in any way modified from the way it was delivered from the factory, you won't be covered.

This.

Hit the nail on the head.
Sponsored