Holley Manifold Testing- TEASER SHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
We have larger valves, we have the boss intake cam and the cobra jet cam. We have cast runners now because at the time to get their size they needed to be cnc. Now its made into the cast. Yes we have reworked heads.
Exactly. 2015 engine breathes much better than before.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I know what it came with. I was a ford master tech at that time when it came out. We are limited by manifold not because the engine cant do it. You need to stop spreading your worry when ive told you before. The s550 can do 8k for 100k plus miles. We have a reworked boss 302 head.
We dont have their pistons or rod bearings if i recall correctly.

I am not spreading worry, but as RPM increases so does wear and tear on items such as your rod end bearing shells and the pistons.

If we have the same crank, oil pump, shell bearings as the BOSS 302 then superb as it is the shells that take the brunt of wear as RPM increases or even worse a shell spins if you rev too hard due to lack of oil and too much friction/heat. Of course pistons can be an issue too as we do not have BOSS 302 pistons it seems, so could be an area of worry.

How can you say the S550 can do 100k miles at 8000rpm, how many cars have done this? I don't think we have any members here anywhere near 100,000 miles let alone any who have being revving to 8000rpm on a daily basis.

If your gonna post facts at least back them up with evidence!

Did not see this until after I wrote the above! ;)

We have BOSS 302 rods and bearings, happy days, that car left the factory with a 7500rpm limiter so when I tune my car I will set it at 7500rpm limiter, good enough for Ford on a production car, good enough for me. :)

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am not spreading worry, but as RPM increases so does wear and tear on items such as your rod end bearing shells and the pistons.

If we have the same crank, oil pump, shell bearings as the BOSS 302 then superb as it is the shells that take the brunt of wear as RPM increases or even worse a shell spins if you rev too hard due to lack of oil and too much friction/heat. Of course pistons can be an issue too as we do not have BOSS 302 pistons it seems, so could be an area of worry.

How can you say the S550 can do 100k miles at 8000rpm, how many cars have done this? I don't think we have any members here anywhere near 100,000 miles let alone any who have being revving to 8000rpm on a daily basis.

We have BOSS 302 rods and bearings, happy days, that car left the factory with a 7500rpm limiter so when I tune my car I will set it at 7500rpm limiter, good enough for Ford on a production car, good enough for me. :)
It is needless worry. It will handle 8000rpms just as the boss. T believe the boss in the racing program is limited to 8000. We came with a lower rpm mostly due to cafe stds, our manifold sucks and to not be some what comparable to the gt350. I have seen zero rod failure in any coyote due to rpms. There are plenty with 100k+ still kicking out 8000rpm. I didnt say your statement was false. But there is zero need to spread your worrying around. I highly doubt youll keep this car into the 175-200k area. I was a ford master tech until mid 2014 until i switched to bmw, if you cant take my word for it, i cant help you.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
It is needless worry. It will handle 8000rpms just as the boss. T believe the boss in the racing program is limited to 8000. We came with a lower rpm mostly due to cafe stds, our manifold sucks and to not be some what comparable to the gt350. I have seen zero rod failure in any coyote due to rpms. There are plenty with 100k+ still kicking out 8000rpm. I didnt say your statement was false. But there is zero need to spread your worrying around. I highly doubt youll keep this car into the 175-200k area. I was a ford master tech until mid 2014 until i switched to bmw, if you cant take my word for it, i cant help you.
OK agreed, I am hoping the Holley does a good job at maintaining torque of the stock GT intake at 1500-4000rpm because end of the day that is the RPM range our cars sit at most of the time when driving around, so any loss of torque there is noticeable.

My car is a daily so maintaining low/mid range torque and drive ability is very important and if the Holly does a good job of this whilst extending the power band from current peak of 6500rpm to 7500rpm then great as I can enjoy that for a year and then upgrade to a Whipple and uprated MMR parts to handle the boost. :)

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Makes me feel better about 7500rpm, but it is simple physics, more rpm does equal more wear. :)
Well shit, you might as well just leave your car off and stored in the garage, then. Wouldn't want those RPMs to wear your motor out.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

You are 100% correct. Some people just don't get it. Not only does RPM kill or shorten the life of an engine, so does friction, heat, and the vibrations / harmonics. If others don't agree im sorry, but if you like proof then tear a engine down for yourself. I have built many race engines and every off season a complete tear down was done to replace the bearings, rings and to inspect the internals. The harder you push a engine the less life you'll get from it. Just look at nascar/nhra/ihra/ etc etc. they all get town down and rebuilt with very little run time. The best think you can do if building a engine is use light weight Pistons, rods, crank, a high quality bearing set and rings for your application. It all depends on what your goal and use is. Also to change your oil more frequently and to control the oil temps and make sure the oil system is up to snuff. Don't forget a perfect balance and balancer. Another thing to think of is a oil accumulator.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You are 100% correct. Some people just don't get it. Not only does RPM kill or shorten the life of an engine, so does friction, heat, and the vibrations / harmonics. If others don't agree im sorry, but if you like proof then tear a engine down for yourself. I have built many race engines and every off season a complete tear down was done to replace the bearings, rings and to inspect the internals. The harder you push a engine the less life you'll get from it. Just look at nascar/nhra/ihra/ etc etc. they all get town down and rebuilt with very little run time. The best think you can do if building a engine is use light weight Pistons, rods, crank, a high quality bearing set and rings for your application. It all depends on what your goal and use is. Also to change your oil more frequently and to control the oil temps and make sure the oil system is up to snuff. Don't forget a perfect balance and balancer. Another thing to think of is a oil accumulator.
I dont get it? Thats hilarious. Find where i said his statement was incorrect. Ill wait. I have been working on engines and whole vehicles for 3 decades. Id be willing to bet you dont have more experience or racing experience then myself :lol:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I dont get it? Thats hilarious. Find where i said his statement was incorrect. Ill wait. I have been working on engines and whole vehicles for 3 decades. Id be willing to bet you dont have more experience or racing experience then myself :lol:
Oh wow. Well I'm sorry your wrong on two accounts.
1) I didn't even comment on you
2) I have also been doing this for nearly 30 years and I have a extensive background. I have been in the automotive business my whole life. If you want credentials I'll be sure to send them to you. Your years as a ford dealer tech mean nothing too me working on stock factory repairs. Look up on you tube for Jason Lee and Ben mens. Then get back to me. I have 8 years at champion in the engine R&D, 11 years at Dana spicer R&D and have work in a engine machine shop for 10 years and also a life time of racing and automotive experience. So go back to changing your oil at ford dealership.

Don't be so damn sensitive, you took my post personal and I didn't anywhere reference to you on this thread until now.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Oh wow. Well I'm sorry your wrong on two accounts.
1) I didn't even comment on you
2) I have also been doing this for nearly 30 years and I have a extensive background. I have been in the automotive business my whole life. If you want credentials I'll be sure to send them to you. Your years as a ford dealer tech mean nothing too me working on stock factory repairs. Look up on you tube for Jason Lee and Ben mens. Then get back to me. I have 8 years at champion in the engine R&D, 11 years at Dana spicer R&D and have work in a engine machine shop for 10 years and also a life time of racing and automotive experience. So go back to changing your oil at ford dealership.

Don't be so damn sensitive, you took my post personal and I didn't anywhere reference to you on this thread until now.
I was under the impression you were indirectly talking about me. Thats great you think youre the only one with a racing back ground though. Youd be misinformed if all you think ive done is dealer vehicles. Im not going to list all my experience, if you think you have more, awesome. Still dont agree you have more, but thats a lot of experience you have. What i know of my own id say we are pretty fairly matched on experience. Some nice accomplishments you have there.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
NO, MY DICK IS BIGGER

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression you were indirectly talking about me. Thats great you think youre the only one with a racing back ground though. Youd be misinformed if all you think ive done is dealer vehicles. Im not going to list all my experience, if you think you have more, awesome. Still dont agree you have more, but thats a lot of experience you have. What i know of my own id say we are pretty fairly matched on experience. Some nice accomplishments you have there.

I didn't intend to doubt you. but you directly made it into that. I didn't take your experience for granted until you felt attached by a post I made that wasn't towards you in anyway. I have built many race cars and engines. I just recently sold my 8 second mustang because I got bored with 26 years of drag racing. So I bought my gt350 to start auto cross racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I didn't intend to doubt you. but you directly made it into that. I didn't take your experience for granted until you felt attached by a post I made that wasn't towards you in anyway. I have built many race cars and engines. I just recently sold my 8 second mustang because I got bored with 26 years of drag racing. So I bought my gt350 to start auto cross racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like i said i thought you were indirectly talking about me. Which is my fault, so i apologize. Why auto cross over road course?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Like i said i thought you were indirectly talking about me. Which is my fault, so i apologize. Why auto cross over road course?
Well I'd like to actually do both. I'm just bored with making a 8 second pass then sitting for hours waiting for my class to be called back to the lanes. At least road racing you get more seat time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.