Sponsored

Ditched my JLT

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The old GTP ZX-TURBO race car made 850hp with a 57mm restrictor plate, the JLT is 110mm?... Yea boost was involved but it's food for thought.
Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Multiple runs on different days with the JLT and another popular intake got me no better than 11.5. Switched back to the stock CAI and bam, no more heat soak while waiting in the staging lanes. Ran my best of 11.2. I've posted these results for quite some time now but no one seems to want to listen. All the tuning was done by me.

If I understand correctly the test was perform on different day ?
You ran 11.5 with Jlt and 11.2 with the stock box N/A ?? I must have missed your post and time slips!

Last edited:

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
If I understand correctly the test was perform on different day ?
You ran 11.5 with Jlt and 11.2 with the stock box N/A ?? I must have miss your post and time slips!

Was wondering the same thing.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Multiple runs on different days with the JLT and another popular intake got me no better than 11.5. Switched back to the stock CAI and bam, no more heat soak while waiting in the staging lanes. Ran my best of 11.2. I've posted these results for quite some time now but no one seems to want to listen. All the tuning was done by me.
Thanks for the info. So the 60ft and DA were similar and tunes were the same with just the changes for the size of the MAF? Just wondering if it's a true apple to apple comparison.

Also great times by the way, what are your mods? Did you post your timeslips on this forum? Thanks

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Thanks for the info. So the 60ft and DA were similar and tunes were the same with just the changes for the size of the MAF? Just wondering if it's a true apple to apple comparison.

Also great times by the way, what are your mods? Did you post your timeslips on this forum? Thanks
All runs were made at the same track with all similar DA. I've made multiple passes with all aftermarket CAI's as well as the stock one. It wasn't just a one and done pass. Yes just changes to the MAF were made since there's nothing else to do with them.
Just your basic bolt ons like tune, tire, exhaust, and suspension. My car is nothing special though. Just the correct parts and good tuning.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
All runs were made at the same track with all similar DA. I've made multiple passes with all aftermarket CAI's as well as the stock one. It wasn't just a one and done pass. Yes just changes to the MAF were made since there's nothing else to do with them.
Just your basic bolt ons like tune, tire, exhaust, and suspension. My car is nothing special though. Just the correct parts and good tuning.
So how much better was the 60ft with a stock intake compaired an aftermarket? Because if they were similar. It's hard to see .3 loss on the big end from an aftermarket intake.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
100% irrelevant
Higgs, what is the most important aspect of design of an aftermarket intake? Bigger tube size? Shape? Have you tested the stock intake with your gt-350 manifold setup? Is there a point where the stock intake restricts flow? The Paxton kit draws through the stock intake. Naturally aspirated I could maybe see a throttle response difference but that's it.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Interesting. While a completely valid reason to switch back to stock, I'd be curious to see numbers when there was no heat soak with the jlt setup.

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Higgs, what is the most important aspect of design of an aftermarket intake? Bigger tube size? Shape? Have you tested the stock intake with your gt-350 manifold setup? Is there a point where the stock intake restricts flow? The Paxton kit draws through the stock intake. Naturally aspirated I could maybe see a throttle response difference but that's it.
CFM is the most important aspect of design.

just because the paxton kit or a restrictor kit makes XXXX power number doesn't mean it's ideal. A race car that makes 850 through a 57mm restrictor could make 1100 by removing the restrictor, right?

the paxton kit could pick up 50 HP by sticking a cone filter on the head unit but it may not be worth the drawbacks.....closing the hood would be my first guess.

my C7 is making around 950 at the wheels through the stock C7 airbox but if I remove the intake tube I know it will pick up quite a bit, but it's not a race car.

unfortunately I don't have time to test things like that, I have about 9 hrs every 7 days to do whatever I want and the mustang intake system isn't on the list.:)

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
CFM is the most important aspect of design.

just because the paxton kit or a restrictor kit makes XXXX power number doesn't mean it's ideal. A race car that makes 850 through a 57mm restrictor could make 1100 by removing the restrictor, right?

the paxton kit could pick up 50 HP by sticking a cone filter on the head unit but it may not be worth the drawbacks.....closing the hood would be my first guess.

my C7 is making around 950 at the wheels through the stock C7 airbox but if I remove the intake tube I know it will pick up quite a bit, but it's not a race car.

unfortunately I don't have time to test things like that, I have about 9 hrs every 7 days to do whatever I want and the mustang intake system isn't on the list.:)
What intake are you running?

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
What intake are you running?
JLT with a GT350 TB and intake manifold. I think I had the 2nd or 3rd one on the board and now that I have it tuned, it's not as much fun so I've been thinking of selling them and doing something else.....not sure yet.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unfortunate you ditched the intake, these threads have been beat to death about IAT's. I would recommend you to check the duct to make sure it's fully seated to the stock grill inlet.

As for 2015 Silver GT gentleman, he has 590 post and I think 575 of them are in intake threads about how great the stock air box is. Self tuned, no time slips, no logs, this wasn't even on a 2015...he's leaving that part out.

Since we're not talking S550 specific we went down to the Bradenton, Fl event with NMRA this month.

Shane Stymiest reset the coyote stock ET record during qualifying Friday. [email protected]

Mike Washington reset the Coyote Stock MPH record Friday

James Meredith Class champion of 2015 won this event in factory stock

These are race cars, not street car's I get that. These guys can run any setup they choose, and do a ton of testing...So who do you believe?
Sponsored