MGW RAISES THE BAR ONCE AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
the new fluid will take care of that notchiness. Having skinny arms like or a friend with skinny arms to get that one 10mm bolt is one of the tougher obstacles
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
the new fluid will take care of that notchiness. Having skinny arms like or a friend with skinny arms to get that one 10mm bolt is one of the tougher obstacles
I've heard that but that part didn't give me any grief at all.

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Yea i installed my shifter yesterday. I had to do it with the rear tires on the ramps and lifted the front with jack stands. It took me quite a few hours to do this. Probably not necessary but i disconnected my Corsa exhaust from the factory cat connection. I really need to get some of the plastic interior tools. I used some small screw drivers and was careful but taking out the center console made me a little nervous trying not to break anything.

I changed out my shifter on my 5th gen Camaro a few years ago and this seemed harder on the 6th gen Mustang for some reason.

It shifts better and more precise. I'm still getting a little notchiness going from neutral to first and first to 2nd gear. Just ordered some full synthetic trans oil to change out to hopefully get rid of the rest of the notchiness.

make sure you checked the 1-2 plate setting . if its at the edge it could make it feel notchy. also when cold its ALWAYS gonna feel shitty 1-2 and 1st. nature of the MT-82

George

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else's kinda crunch into 5th gear? The stock shifter was bad about it, the MGW isn't near as bad but it's not gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Anybody else's kinda crunch into 5th gear? The stock shifter was bad about it, the MGW isn't near as bad but it's not gone.

The shifter will not crunch 5th. It may be something in your trans. 5th should be smooth!!

George

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Awesome product...got mine installed last weekend. Piece of cake with the tranny out.. :) Put in my RXT at the same time. No sloppiness at all,,,solid feel to it. Still getting use to it.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The shifter will not crunch 5th. It may be something in your trans. 5th should be smooth!!

George

Maybe not crunch, but it's kinda notchy. It's not the shifters fault cause my stock shifter did it. Kinda like the notch from 1-2. All the other 15/16 stangs I've driven feel that way.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

I have the stock shifter and have a notchy 5th gear too. Some guys suggest using different transmission oil to help reduce notchiness.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Got mine in, just waiting on my anarchy motive ball to show up...Pretty pumped

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
I have the stock shifter and have a notchy 5th gear too. Some guys suggest using different transmission oil to help reduce notchiness.
I feel the same way, 5th gear isn't always the most confident gear for some reason to me either, little notchy and sometimes when I'm shifting fast and aggressive into 5th I'm not always sure it's in and hesitant to let out of the clutch lol will changing to a different transmission fluid void warranty? Maybe a dumb question but you can never be to safe lol and how about installing the mgw in general? Will installing this shifter void it? I mean say your transmission blows apart and you gm have a MGW installed, would they tell you to kick rocks?

Sponsored

OutlanderRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium Manual
Just made the order. The feel of the stock shifter was really starting to bother me, and this by far seemed to be the best of the lot for aftermarket shifters. Can't wait to install it!

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
Does installing this void your warranty? Just don't want my MT82 to grenade and them blame this and tell me to kick rocks

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does installing this void your warranty? Just don't want my MT82 to grenade and them blame this and tell me to kick rocks
It voids the warranty on the shifter of course. But since the MT82 has a single input there is nothing any shifter can do to the transmission that the factory one doesn't do. People can be dumb, so a dealer could think the shifter caused a problem when it can't and try to stiff you but there is no way it would stand up in court/arbitration and hard to believe a dealer would even try.

On the other hand if you grenade your trans with a missed shift or break your engine by putting it in the wrong gear for the speed Ford shouldn't fix it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Spend the 2 hours to put the old shifter in before taking it to the dealer! Haha.

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
It voids the warranty on the shifter of course. But since the MT82 has a single input there is nothing any shifter can do to the transmission that the factory one doesn't do. People can be dumb, so a dealer could think the shifter caused a problem when it can't and try to stiff you but there is no way it would stand up in court/arbitration and hard to believe a dealer would even try.

On the other hand if you grenade your trans with a missed shift or break your engine by putting it in the wrong gear for the speed Ford shouldn't fix it.
How could they prove that I did or didn't do that though? It would be their word against mine and we all know how that would go lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.