Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Those of you getting replacements, if they are not taking back the damaged one I'd like to snag one for an experiment.

I'll pay for shipping & your trouble to box it up - just PM me !
I know where you're going with this. And once I get mine off, I'll gladly send it to you.
Sponsored

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
It's getting serious up in dis bi$ch

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It's getting serious up in dis bi$ch
The Mustang is the most modified car in the world. Third party companies make their living off of us, the consumer. They need to be held accountable for their actions, and if nobody else will do it, then I will. Won't help my YouTube channel out much going against big names, but at this point, I really don't care. I'm tired of watching them screw people over.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
When I told the guy from Cervini's that I wanted them to cover the cost of the install, he told me that he needed to talk to his accounting department. Fine, while he's talking to them, I'll talk to the Mustang community. Let's see which is more important...

Sponsored

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I see why they have a 1 star rating on Yelp. I hope they understand SEO better than I do, because the websites are going up next.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Happened with mine, i cant send it back to cervini cause they wouldnt ship it to me in the first place. I had to send it somewhere else and have it sent forward to me. Cost wise is not worth it. I now have a big ol gray spot on mine

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I really hope you all get taken care of. There's nothing worse than having your hard earned money stolen from you.
I would also like to say thanks for posting what is going on with this splitter. I was seriously going to buy one but there's no way in hell I will now.
Such a shame. It's a great looking splitter. Good luck everybody!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Why make a part with a white core and outer black coating, which will be attached close to the ground? Road debris impact will expose the white interior.

OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Why make a part with a white core and outer black coating, which will be attached close to the ground? Road debris impact will expose the white interior.
Good question.

Sponsored
OP
OP
16P51-GT

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Happened with mine, i cant send it back to cervini cause they wouldnt ship it to me in the first place. I had to send it somewhere else and have it sent forward to me. Cost wise is not worth it. I now have a big ol gray spot on mine
That sucks. Cervini's said they stand behind their products, they should be willing to ship you another one.

Fraye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I think the primary issue is that the product is described on both the manufacturer and vendor's sites as being ready to install out of the box without any prep, paint, or other finishing work required. This at least implies that it is cast with the textured finish, where the reality is the product is cast, then apparently primed, and then finished with the texture.

If the product was described as "Super awesome giant chin spoiler but also you need to prime and paint it or else it will chip" then people could make a much more informed decision about what they're willing to put up with.

That said, the only thing Cervinis can do within realistic bounds are twofold: 1) Change the description of the product to be more in line with reality and 2) Do a quick and thorough RMA for dissatisfied customers. It's probably not realistic to expect that they either discontinue the product or fundamentally redesign how it is manufactured and/or change the materials used.

I'd say getting a refund for the product and possible partial/full refund for install costs would be as good as it gets, and then each customer can decide what kind of business to do with them moving forward.

Last edited:

Jim_Cervinis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This post is getting out of hand.

The S550 chin spoiler chipping is very isolated. I urge anyone having an issue to contact us so we can address the concern. CJ Pony has nothing to do with the chin spoiler chipping. They are an excellent company and a valued business partner that we have a long standing relationship with. There is no need to drag them into this discussion.

Cervini’s has been in business for over 24 years and we built our reputation on quality parts, unparalleled fitment and attention to detail. We stand behind our products... that’s the bottom line. We corrected the issue with gray primer and answered questions about it honestly because we have nothing to hide and promote transparency.

The chin spoiler should not chip and we take full responsibility for that. Again, the process has been addressed, corrected, and Cervini’s will replace the part or refund the purchase price for anyone that is having a problem.

We value our customers, especially the Mustang community. We enjoy meeting many of you in person at shows and events throughout the year and share in your passion of building personalized show vehicles.

We do ask anyone that is having an issue to contact us first to give us the opportunity to address the issue before making the determination that we “don’t care about customers, just the bottom line”.

Sincerely,

Jim Frie

Jim_Cervinis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

We ship to Puerto Rico often. Please message us pictures of the part and we will gladly replace it.
Sponsored