Sponsored

Dealer says Ford changed invoice price

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WRX, 145k miles, stock clutch
Hi, everyone. I've been learning/lurking the forums for a bit, and researching a GT premium on and off for several weeks. I found a dealership I can trust (or so I think so), they give me x-plan pricing through my work. I managed to get them to order a white GT premium with PP and enhanced security. They initially asked for a $500 deposit, but waived it and said they would order it anyway. I have an order number. Invoice pricing is as follows:
GT coupe premium: $33,757
Enhanced security: $369
GT PP: $2327

Other additions:
Fuel charge: $33.44
Advertising assessment: $589
Destination & delivery: $900
CA new motor vehicle fees: $0.65 (lol)

Invoice total: $37976.09
MSRP: $40,185
X-plan: $38099.19

Anyways, I've seen the invoice pricing posted here, where the invoice for the car is $270 less, and PP is another $100 less. Does Ford really do this depending on the time of year a car is ordered? That's the best I can get so far, let me know what you guys think. I still have time to decide whether to pull the trigger or not - no obligations.
Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
thats an old link a whole year ago almost...pricing may have changed or something. use costco's auto builder or cars.com or truecar.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Special order car invoices won't change if prices increase after order. Regular order invoices will change to match price increases (or decreases, LoL).

Not sure if you are asking about a change before or after your order. If after, you don't have to worry unless the dealer put your order in as a normal order and won't eat the difference because of that "mistake".

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Yes there was a price increase just after New Year's...it bumped the price of an ecoboost car up by $500. My dealer told me about it when I went in too order my car.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Hi, everyone. I've been learning/lurking the forums for a bit, and researching a GT premium on and off for several weeks. I found a dealership I can trust (or so I think so), they give me x-plan pricing through my work. I managed to get them to order a white GT premium with PP and enhanced security. They initially asked for a $500 deposit, but waived it and said they would order it anyway. I have an order number. Invoice pricing is as follows:
GT coupe premium: $33,757
Enhanced security: $369
GT PP: $2327

Other additions:
Fuel charge: $33.44
Advertising assessment: $589
Destination & delivery: $900
CA new motor vehicle fees: $0.65 (lol)

Invoice total: $37976.09
MSRP: $40,185
X-plan: $38099.19

Anyways, I've seen the invoice pricing posted here, where the invoice for the car is $270 less, and PP is another $100 less. Does Ford really do this depending on the time of year a car is ordered? That's the best I can get so far, let me know what you guys think. I still have time to decide whether to pull the trigger or not - no obligations.
If you are eligible for X-Plan log into the Fordpartner website (fordpartner.com) with your partner code. You will need to do this to generate your PIN anyway. There is a build & price tool there which will give you your *exact* X-Plan price.

If your dealer is not asking for a PIN, then he is fu**ing you somewhere. I have seen a lot of deals discussed here over the past almost 2 years, and almost every "better than X-Plan" deal was making up the "discount" in fees, or screwing the buyer on the trade in, or counting rebates as a discount (rebates are your money - not the dealer's).

It's important to remember that anything that is described as a rebate is your money to do with as you choose. We almost always apply it toward the car by signing it over to the dealer, but you don't have to. If they say they will sell it to you for $500 under X-Plan, but their math is "X-Plan - rebate = your cost", they are lying to you about something else, too.

Just my $.02

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Ford makes prices changes quarterly; first week of January, April, July, and October. Special orders placed before a price change are "price protected" by Ford so a customer's price does not change. As someone else noted, price protection does not apply to vehicles ordered just for dealer inventory. It only applies to special orders.

G Force

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 370Z Nismo
Why would you pay an advertising fee at all, let alone for a car that is ordered. They have no advertising fees to recoup...?

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Every new car sold pays that advertising fee. You don't have a choice. Some dealers might play games to make it look like your not, but someone pays it.

It's BS that they can charge you for their advertisements but what are you gonna do? Buy used and avoid it if you want, otherwise you will be paying it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Every new car sold pays that advertising fee. You don't have a choice. Some dealers might play games to make it look like your not, but someone pays it.
I'm pretty sure A and Z plan are without the advertising fee.

And I don't know if Ford is the same, but apparently some GM dealers can opt out of the advertising program or parts of it. I don't know if that's some grandfathered thing or what.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah you probably are right about a and z.

The advertising fee does vary by region, but I never have seen one actually opted out. I would love to know what dealer has opted out if it is possible.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah you probably are right about a and z.

The advertising fee does vary by region, but I never have seen one actually opted out. I would love to know what dealer has opted out if it is possible.
It didn't make sense to me about allowing some GM dealers to opt out. It might not even be true. But if it is it would probably be that its in some old, but still valid contract, they had with GM.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Its all just moving numbers around. I mean, you pay x for a car. The dealer pays Y which includes things like shipping.

A dealer can say any reduction from MSRP came from this or that. The result is the same. You got a reduced amount that's similar to what the dealer paid for shipping but you still paid that amount, it just wasn't itemized as shipping.

Its like an appliance store that advertises they won't charge you sales tax. They still have to submit the same taxes to the govt. They just bury it in the price you pay.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
AX or Z Plan
We all pay the advertising fee. It's for the national advertising campaign. Price may vary by region, but we all pay. Same with destination charge. For me it was 825.00. Ford plant to Dealer was 40 miles = $20.63 per mile
Kind of over kill, but it is what it is. :ford:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Its all just moving numbers around. I mean, you pay x for a car. The dealer pays Y which includes things like shipping.

A dealer can say any reduction from MSRP came from this or that. The result is the same. You got a reduced amount that's similar to what the dealer paid for shipping but you still paid that amount, it just wasn't itemized as shipping.

Its like an appliance store that advertises they won't charge you sales tax. They still have to submit the same taxes to the govt. They just bury it in the price you pay.
Exactly.
Sponsored