Sponsored

2015 GT squeaky brakes

mngrnbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, 401A, RA, ES, Navi, BLIS, 20s
Hello All,

I have a 2015 GT w the 20" wheels and when I first drive my car out of the driveway the brakes squeak like crazy, it happens at low speeds then it goes away, thoughts?

Thanks,
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Is it humid outside or you just washed your car. Could be just some rust being scrapped off the rotors.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Mine does it too, and I've read a few threads on here about it. I believe it is a known problem, and if I'm not mistaken, there is a fix that Ford will perform (changing pads and/or rotors). If you search, you might be able to find the thread.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
There's a TSB for the brake squeal. 2015 EcoBoost Performance Pkg and 2015 GT without Performance Pkg have a TSB for noisy brakes.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Search the forum for "15-030". That is the number of the TSB that will apply if you have a non-performance pack GT manufactured prior to Feb 2015.

If yours is an affected car, they will replace your front rotors with an updated part, and replace your front pads with the same part number.

They did my car almost a year ago, at 10,000 miles, and it has been perfect ever since.

Sponsored

CorryBasler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
My 2016 GT PP had this issue, but it happened while turning at low speeds or going really slow in strait lines, loud break squeal sound.

Dealership said the caliper backing on one of the brembo's was rubbing the rotor, he said he just bent it out some and the noise is fixed now.

It was super embarrassing to roll into a parking lot in a $38k car with less then 1k miles on it, and have everyone turn and look when you squealed into your parking spot.

The 2015 GT PP Premium they gave me to drive while mine was in the shop, had a bad squeal when you applied the brakes, on every stop too.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Hello All,

I have a 2015 GT w the 20" wheels and when I first drive my car out of the driveway the brakes squeak like crazy, it happens at low speeds then it goes away, thoughts?

Thanks,
Normal. It even says so right in your owner's manual.

Humidity and moisture (you're in Florida) accumulate on the brake rotors while the vehicle sits, which results in some brake noise during the initial drive. The moisture can even cause flash rusting on the rotor surface, which can take a few miles to burn off.

Nothing to worry about, it's the nature of disc brakes, especially fixed caliper designs.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Normal. It even says so right in your owner's manual.

Humidity and moisture (you're in Florida) accumulate on the brake rotors while the vehicle sits, which results in some brake noise during the initial drive. The moisture can even cause flash rusting on the rotor surface, which can take a few miles to burn off.

Nothing to worry about, it's the nature of disc brakes, especially fixed caliper designs.

If it's normal why is there a TSB?

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
They will just swap in a softer compound revision of the pad, because there have been a lot of complaints. I can tell you that many of the performance pads I've used in the past have been very squeeky.

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Search the forum for "15-030". That is the number of the TSB that will apply if you have a non-performance pack GT manufactured prior to Feb 2015.

If yours is an affected car, they will replace your front rotors with an updated part, and replace your front pads with the same part number.

They did my car almost a year ago, at 10,000 miles, and it has been perfect ever since.
Same exact story here!!

Sponsored

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Does anyone have a link to the TSB? I have a non-PP GT and starting to get serious squeals. I could not find 15-030 TSB online.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
If it's normal why is there a TSB?

Because the TSB addresses a different issue, that issue being a brake squeal that occurs even after the brakes are warmed up and the moisture/surface rust has dissipated.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Because the TSB addresses a different issue, that issue being a brake squeal that occurs even after the brakes are warmed up and the moisture/surface rust has dissipated.
I guess they would never replace mine then. Mines squeal only the first time I apply the brakes in the morning, never after that.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I guess they would never replace mine then. Mines squeal only the first time I apply the brakes in the morning, never after that.
Yes, that is normal. It even says so right in your owner's manual.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Does anyone have a link to the TSB? I have a non-PP GT and starting to get serious squeals. I could not find 15-030 TSB online.
It doesn't seem to be posted on any website (that I can find), other than the various Mustang forums, but a photo has been posted a million times (by my count) on this one.

Note that the title is not nearly as clear as it should be. A little punctuation would have gone a long way. It says "5.0L and 2.3L EcoBoost with Performance Package front brake noise - built on or before 2-11-2015.

Some have read this to mean "cars with performance package, whether 5.0L or 2.3L". This is not the case. It should read "5.0L without PP and 2.3L with PP":

Here's why - there are 3 brake configurations available on 6th Gen Mustangs so far.
  • GT with PP
  • GT without PP and EcoBoost with PP
  • EcoBoost without PP and V6

The GT with PP has unique brakes. Different calipers, pads, rotors from every other car. The non-PP GT and the EB PP share the same brakes. The V6 and non-PP EB share the same brakes. The only way to read the title that can possibly make sense is the way that I described.

Apart from that, dozens of members of this forum have had their non-PP GT brakes repaired under this TSB (including my own), while zero of the GT PP owners have. And finally, note that there is only one part number listed for the rotors (and one for the pads). This can only possibly fit one of the 3 options.

I hope this helps.

Here it is again:
TSB 15-030.jpg
Sponsored