Official Resonator Delete Thread

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I know this may sound stupid, but how does it sound in "good neighbor" mode?
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I dont notice any difference with the valves closed. I got mine done in sunnyvale if you want to pull the trigger

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I dont notice any difference with the valves closed. I got mine done in sunnyvale if you want to pull the trigger
Yes! PM me the info if you could. :thumbsup: :)

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You know, I've been thinking about going the opposite direction. The volume is ok, but I hate the rasp in the GT350's exhaust note. I wondered if replacing the factory X-pipe with something like this might help tone it down: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=14386

I used a longer version of that product on my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with excellent results.

Gt350 has no rasp at all. Only the R has rasp without the resonators. If you remove cats then you'll have rasp with resonators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Gt350 has no rasp at all. Only the R has rasp without the resonators. If you remove cats then you'll have rasp with resonators.

Wait a minute, I thought the only difference between the 350 and 350R was the resonators were removed? I didn't think you would have to remove the cats too.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wait a minute, I thought the only difference between the 350 and 350R was the resonators were removed? I didn't think you would have to remove the cats too.

Yes, only difference is the resonators.

STGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Had the resonators removed

Yesterday I them removed. AMAZING!!! I thought the car was loud and crisp before...very clean, crisp, raspy sound. I recommend doing this to all gt350's. On a side note, I did contact Ford to see if it would void any warranty. They said it would not.

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yesterday I them removed. AMAZING!!! I thought the car was loud and crisp before...very clean, crisp, raspy sound. I recommend doing this to all gt350's. On a side note, I did contact Ford to see if it would void any warranty. They said it would not.
Good to know. Did you have it done at a muffler shop? What did they charge?

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Hey I got the same done, I notice you're in St Louis.. I'm in O'Fallon, let me know if you'd like to meet up some time.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Subjective. I've never been a big fan of the stock exhaust sound of these cars, and removing the resonators just to make it louder (and even MORE raspy) won't make it any better. Yes, I understand my opinion is in the minority here.

Sponsored

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Had mine removed today too ... and man did it ever wake up the exhaust!!!

It sounds like absolutely 1mm from a full fledged race car now. I love it.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Subjective. I've never been a big fan of the stock exhaust sound of these cars, and removing the resonators just to make it louder (and even MORE raspy) won't make it any better. Yes, I understand my opinion is in the minority here.
How did you want it to sound, and how are you going to do it? Get rid of the rasp? Whole new exhaust system?

On a side note, on the E46 M3, a lot of people hated the rasp to the point where companies(or 1, don't recall) made a rasp eliminator pipe.

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Had the resonators removed

How loud is it in the non-sport mode.
Sponsored