Sponsored

US41 Motorplex - Morocco, Indiana

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm heading to US41 tomorrow for some TNT, anyone frequent this track? Stop by and say hi if anyone from the forum runs there - deep impact blue GT with a little vortech :D
Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I'm heading to US41 tomorrow for some TNT, anyone frequent this track? Stop by and say hi if anyone from the forum runs there - deep impact blue GT with a little vortech :D
How was your experience? I am about a half hour from Route 66 so that is where I usually go.

OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How was your experience? I am about a half hour from Route 66 so that is where I usually go.
I've only been to RT66 as a spectator, but here's my comparison:

Amenities - New owners are working hard on improving things. Usually have porta potty(s) and one small mens/womans bathroom. On weekends they have a concession stand with a grill for burgers, dogs, and stuff. One (maybe two) full stands have been rehab'd and provide ample seating for spectators. If RT66 is 5 stars this would be 2.5 stars and improving

Tech - very reasonable tech. Good knowledgeable guys and they do look for any obvious safety problems with a quick visual inspection. However, no really strict enforcement at least for newer cars running deep into the 9s (cage, fire suit, etc). Not sure with older / track only cars, might have stricter tech. All bikes have full leathers, etc. Not sure how to rate this but I think it's a good balance between safety and ball busting (like I assume how RT66 would be).

Track - I think the track was getting resurfaced completely for this year (not 100% sure). Based on last year, I would say the prep was consistently really good. Especially if you go on a Test & Tune day that is slicks and DRs only. I would rate the track pretty high, the only negative being the boards - they never show times that I have seen. I'm not a grudge racer so it would be nice to see ET's for the spectators. You do get your slip that you can share if you like, but the other lane will be torn off :headbonk:. Not a big deal like I said. Also, they have racing fuel available (all VP fuels - 5 gal drums). Lastly they have tons of T&T days (schedule is on facebook)...

What's your experience with RT66 tech? Can you run 10s there without a cage? Let me know if your planning to go to one of there T&T days and I'll try to join. Or come down and try out US41 (I was going 2-3 times a week) :D

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I've only been to RT66 as a spectator, but here's my comparison:

Amenities - New owners are working hard on improving things. Usually have porta potty(s) and one small mens/womans bathroom. On weekends they have a concession stand with a grill for burgers, dogs, and stuff. One (maybe two) full stands have been rehab'd and provide ample seating for spectators. If RT66 is 5 stars this would be 2.5 stars and improving

Tech - very reasonable tech. Good knowledgeable guys and they do look for any obvious safety problems with a quick visual inspection. However, no really strict enforcement at least for newer cars running deep into the 9s (cage, fire suit, etc). Not sure with older / track only cars, might have stricter tech. All bikes have full leathers, etc. Not sure how to rate this but I think it's a good balance between safety and ball busting (like I assume how RT66 would be).

Track - I think the track was getting resurfaced completely for this year (not 100% sure). Based on last year, I would say the prep was consistently really good. Especially if you go on a Test & Tune day that is slicks and DRs only. I would rate the track pretty high, the only negative being the boards - they never show times that I have seen. I'm not a grudge racer so it would be nice to see ET's for the spectators. You do get your slip that you can share if you like, but the other lane will be torn off :headbonk:. Not a big deal like I said. Also, they have racing fuel available (all VP fuels - 5 gal drums). Lastly they have tons of T&T days (schedule is on facebook)...

What's your experience with RT66 tech? Can you run 10s there without a cage? Let me know if your planning to go to one of there T&T days and I'll try to join. Or come down and try out US41 (I was going 2-3 times a week) :D
It's good to hear they are stepping up their game. I doubt they will ever have the amenities as 66 but they don't have the money either. I recall early in the season 66 did not have anything open but the restrooms anyway.

Tech is good and they really make a huge effort to keep things running. It can get busy at times. Lots of cars means not as many runs. On the other hand there are some cool rides and lots of cool people. Yeah they are strict. Run a 14, better have a helmet, 11 and it's time for a cage, 9s and its chute time. But they are very professional. It's the only place I have run so I have no place else to compare but I have to believe the facility is second to none. They have a scale and fuel available.

You're running 10s? Nice!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
PB last year before the track closed was 11.1 @ 129mph. I've sorted out some issues and made several improvements so I'm expecting consistent 10.8s @ 132mph this year (or better :cheers:)
Sponsored