Sponsored

2016 Geneva Motor Show and yellow stitching

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yesterday I made my annual pilgrimage to the Geneva Motor Show. Contrary to the previous two years the Mustangs on display no longer were on fenced turntables but fully accessible to all the public. Ford had a manual Magnetic GT Fastback with Recaros on display as well as a Automatic Triple Yellow EcoBoost Convertible. Both were EU spec cars.

Interesting detail about the convertible was that it featured yellow stitching. This of course has been available in the US since the 2016 model year, but I have never seen this on an EU car, actually as far as I know it's not even an available option for us. And of course there was no one on the stand who had any clue what I was talking about.

At the backend of the Ford stand video commercials were being played all day long, of course including the now well know TV commercial with the Jimmy Hendrix soundtrack.

If you followed the stairs visible in the right you entered a semi hidden area where there was a white GT on display :love:

On the other side of the exhibition area Chevrolet had the same massive stand they had in previous years but after last year's disappearance of their cheap rebadged Korean cars this year they had also ditched Cadillac and had filled the entire stand with no less than 8 (:eyebulge:) Corvettes and 4 new 2016 Camaros.
Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Well as they won't be selling the "Shelby" in Europe I can see why they chose not to show it off... those yellow stitches seems to look great on the yellow car :D

oh and if I was rich... GT baby!
Sponsored