Green Card

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm surprised about how difficult it is to get a green card, I thought we liked each other lol,

Here's an idea, stop letting in refugees & kick out illegal immigrants, then implement a points system so you can target people by jobs you need (doctors, engineers etc) so they benefit your economy AND no welfare for people who haven't contributed to society & economy
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Ten or so years ago, I had a brother in law who was in the AF - He had a friend, stationed at the same AF base...I lived one mile off base - I shared an apartment with that friend of his for around a year or so...he was a nice guy, From the Philippines-he had a wife and kids "back home" he had a green card, or may have been an American citizen at that point, but he joined the AF for this reason, and it did work-FOR HIM-he had one hell of a time bringing his family over...we lost touch, and I don't know if he ever actually brought his wife and kids over, or if he just ended up going back home, but that's a real option.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Can I start up my own business & put myself forward for a green card?
You could. It's called green card through investment but it's very difficult because you have to have a huge amount of money and also the business has to meet certain regulations.

Here is what's needed to do green card through investment:
Entrepreneurs (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) who make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States and who plan to create or preserve ten permanent full time jobs for qualified United States workers, are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence).

Up to 10,000 visas may be authorized each fiscal year for eligible entrepreneurs.

You must invest $1,000,000, or at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area). In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ten or so years ago, I had a brother in law who was in the AF - He had a friend, stationed at the same AF base...I lived one mile off base - I shared an apartment with that friend of his for around a year or so...he was a nice guy, From the Philippines-he had a wife and kids "back home" he had a green card, or may have been an American citizen at that point, but he joined the AF for this reason, and it did work-FOR HIM-he had one hell of a time bringing his family over...we lost touch, and I don't know if he ever actually brought his wife and kids over, or if he just ended up going back home, but that's a real option.
Never understood why they are making it so hard for people who come here legally, work hard, create jobs, pay taxes, and in pursuit of the American dream to become US citizen. I've been in the states for almost 9 years and I am hoping this year is the year I am getting my green card. After that it's another 5 years or so becoming US citizen.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm surprised about how difficult it is to get a green card, I thought we liked each other lol,

Here's an idea, stop letting in refugees & kick out illegal immigrants, then implement a points system so you can target people by jobs you need (doctors, engineers etc) so they benefit your economy AND no welfare for people who haven't contributed to society & economy
This is being proposed in multiple reforms, all of them never made anywhere. Now, this will not resolve a problem of your 18 years old.

Few more comments - joining military does not help at all, have to be resident (green card holder) to join, then you can get expedited citizenship rather than wait 3/5 years (this does not apply to a very limited program for people that have useful skills - translators and others)

You can get residency through investment, $500k and in most instances $1M of investment is required.

I've been very involved with US immigration having it done myself in past years and can tell you (as I mentioned) there are millions of people that want to come over. Other than marriage and diversity visa lottery (which UK citizens are not eligible for I believe), having knowledge/education/experience advantage over others is a way to go. It's always a benefit regardless of whether the immigration works out or not.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Never understood why they are making it so hard for people who come here legally, work hard, create jobs, pay taxes, and in pursuit of the American dream to become US citizen. I've been in the states for almost 9 years and I am hoping this year is the year I am getting my green card. After that it's another 5 years or so becoming US citizen.
Because other parts of the world would ended up being completely empty and for the most part people know US mostly from stupid movies, so of course they want to come over - they have very distorted view, not realizing what are the costs of healthcare here, that education costs insane amount of money (to fund college football team - just kidding ;-) ) and so on. It would be unsustainable.
How many jobs you think they will need vs. create ?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Because other parts of the world would ended up being completely empty and for the most part people know US mostly from stupid movies, so of course they want to come over - they have very distorted view, not realizing what are the costs of healthcare here, that education costs insane amount of money (to fund college football team - just kidding ;-) ) and so on. It would be unsustainable.
How many jobs you think they will need vs. create ?
It is pretty silly that people don't understand the situation or don't even try to bend in after coming here. I mean, being Chinese, I have some Chinese "friends". They thought life would be much easier here. Most of them are from rich families so they just come here, buy expensive cars and things, living the distorted "American dream" that they see in what you call stupid movies, but that's not gonna last if they don't have jobs to sponsor their work visas.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
He wants to come to the US now? Does he understand who we have running for our next president? We're screwed over here come next election.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
He wants to come to the US now? Does he understand who we have running for our next president? We're screwed over here come next election.
Hilary Clinton? ;)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yall be careful with the political talk. you will get banned for it. fair warning...i know...even if you're joking in the OFF TOPIC section...of all places.
Sponsored