wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sup :cheers:

Short of it:
Anyone in the Atlanta area with a GT Performance Package want a high five? Wrote the longer version of the story that you probably don't care about below but, here's the scoop. I'm considering a 2016, maybe 2017 GT, but have a very deeply seeded, rage inducing hate for car dealerships and want to spend very little time at one. My experience with Ford dealerships in the Atlanta area is absolutely horrendous, but I haven't been to them all. :crazy:

I am hoping to make a few Mustang GT friends and through you guys get to know the car to make the decision on what features I want to get and get a feel for the car without the sales dragon breathing fire down my neck. I'm not asking to drive your car or anything, just want to get that in-person, relaxed time with the car that I can't at a dealer, plus real world opinions, dealership recommendations, options thoughts, etc.

And, I can always help out with audio-related things to pay you back (or buy a round, or just grace you with my presence?). I do that as a side job, sometimes at a shop in Marietta (though far less often lately... house remodels) and have done some pretty high-end systems in my cars.

Get at me... hoping to be INFORMED and ready when I buy. Thanks!

Long of it:
In the past 3-years, I've had 6 cars. Mostly because I took advantage of math-healthy opportunities to sell at a great price and try something new, variety, if you will. Plus I was into car audio a lot and did really high end systems in a few and audio guys bought the car. So presently I drive - sit down please - a Chevrolet Volt. Now before you get all antsy in your pantsies, it is the BEST car I've ever owned, easily. And that includes having a 2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG for a while, which turned out to be a lemon and I had to threaten lemon law with a big name attorney to get it bought back. Let me tell you, MB dealerships are no better at customer service than Alan Vigil Ford, which I will never return to even to take an emergency diarrhea in their bathroom (we can talk about why some other time). Anyway, after getting a 2014 Silverado after the MB for a while (I know, total change), I traded my dad for his 2013 Chevrolet Volt because I wanted to try the electric vehicle thing and he wanted a truck for moving after my parents' divorce. Was supposed to be temporary but is perminant now, we both like what we have better. Hell, I have 1/3 the gas bill and I sold my Harley and '68 Lincoln so I don't need a truck anymore... bada bing bada boom. Yes, we figure out that math to make it financially appropriate. :p

I will get to the point now...

Alas... I wanted a new Mustang GT after the Silverado. But having bought a first year car and getting a lemon (the AMG), I decided no first year cars for me ever again, so no 2015. Well, it's 2016 now and I'm getting the itch again. But, like I said above, I really, really, really hate car dealerships. I cannot take the time I want to take to get to know the car, get a feel for it, hear about what's great about it, what isn't great about it, etc., without getting pulled and yanked into their office to talk numbers and their tactics which I, being someone who is smart but too ethical to be a car salesmen, pick up on and it makes just make me want to hurl that I have no choice but to deal with it, mostly. I almost want to send in a buyer! Haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm realizing now that my short version is also long... haha.

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
We've got meetups pretty much every week. PM me and I'll fill you in.
Sponsored