Sponsored

"Dual-mode" exhaust - best options

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I have the varex setup and love it, it's quiet though. Most guys on here want more but I wanted the opposite as I drive long periods in the freeway. I close the valves and it's like being in a Mercedes, on the main roads I open them up and it's like a touring car. Sounds great to me but it's not for those looking to wake the dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ctozzi, would you say the Varex setup is about the same sound level inside and outside the car as the completely stock system? Quieter? Noticeably louder, even fully-closed? I'm looking to possibly offboard my Borla Touring catback (not the FRPP-by-Borla one) to something like this so I can have both options.

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
Inside with the valves closed its dead silent. I love it on the highways, open its perfect just enough growl. Outside closed its quiet, with them open its healthy sounding.

Lein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
One last thing, where did you get the power from for the control module? I see they've got a 12v outlet plug, but where's a good spot to actually run that into the car? Or did you wire it up directly somewhere else? Thanks.

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
It's wired into the cigarette lighter in the center console

Sponsored