Sponsored

Re-installing the resonator

Medo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure
I have 2015 GT with Roush Axleback and Ford Racing x pipe. It's been a year and I had fun but the loud drone is driving me crazy and I can tell that all my neighbors hate it when I go to Wendy's at midnight ( got a handful of angry notes on the windshield) is it possible to reinstall the factory resonator after its been cut? Thanks
Sponsored

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I have 2015 GT with Roush Axleback and Ford Racing x pipe. It's been a year and I had fun but the loud drone is driving me crazy and I can tell that all my neighbors hate it when I go to Wendy's at midnight ( got a handful of angry notes on the windshield) is it possible to reinstall the factory resonator after its been cut? Thanks
Should Be able to clamp it right in place of the xpipe . Factory clamps in front 2.5 wide sleeve clamps in the rear ..

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Just stop getting FF at midnight... Your car will sound awesome and your body will thank you.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
make the neighbors make the payment then. it's not THAT loud and you can creep around super quiet in 2nd and 3rd...and yeah stop going to fast food at midnight too lol

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe it's just me, but I would try installing the stock muffler first before the resonator.

Sponsored

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Switch with my stock catback lol

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I just have the X pipe. I will likely get the Ford Performance touring, or something similar. However on of the things I like about it is an can sneak in at 2 am without waking anyone. And you get that more exotic sound, and the 11lbs weight savings.

I would do different mufflers.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm contemplating the SLP Loudmouth II's with a FRP x-pipe -- similar looks to the Roush cans, but reportedly deep, yet subdued.

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
make the neighbors make the payment then. it's not THAT loud and you can creep around super quiet in 2nd and 3rd...and yeah stop going to fast food at midnight too lol
What he said.. take said notes and/or distribute neighborhood flyers telling them they can make your payment or split it up b/w themselves.. and you need to go grab food at midnight b/c you feel like it, but would be happy to grab something for them if they help make the payment. Otherwise, they can buy you a daily driver or else kick bricks :shrug:

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Frozen french fries from the store will save you money, gas, time, and aggravation. :shrug:

But seriously, if you came and went during daylight hours, would your neighbors be any happier? That is the fundamental question to answer.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm just going to be all philosophical and snarky around the edges -- it's not my job to make anyone else happy -- that's a choice everyone makes as an individual. Yeah, I'd like to not get woken up at midnight either, but... It's my job to make myself happy. I personally want maximum weight savings in my exhaust setup, but don't want an uncomfortable amount of drone -- for now I've decided not to decide. My advice -- get what you want, eat what you want, when you want, and adjust fire as other wants and needs dictate.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Just put the stock resonator back on, the stock exhaust/resonator with Roush axle-back is a great sounding and daily driver friendly combo!

Carterhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium performance package
Depends on how far back from the resonator you cut. The exhaust pipes off the back have a bend in them and you don't get a good seal with the clamps if you cut immediately after the tangent. The fear of your exhaust breaking in half on the highway is not something you want.

Carterhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium performance package
But if you can weld then that would work fine
Sponsored