Sponsored

Bolts-on 0-60 time

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Hey guys, I havent been able to find a 0-60 thread in the v8 section for a while but i always had a question i couldn't easily find the answer.

I was very curious about the 0-60 times or gains someone had with headers, catback, intake and tune. I have seen the threads with the 1/4 mile but nothing about the 0-60.

So i guess i'm asking, if anyone here has those upgrade bolt on or some more like throttle body spacer or whatever, could you give your 0-60 compared to stock? also if you could, mention if auto or manual and other important info?

thanks guys :cheers:
Sponsored

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I tried the 0-60 app in the car the other day for fun with my bolt ons (full exhaust, cai, tuned for e85) and it wasn't much if any better than my stock times. Reason is traction. The new setup is much faster (over a half of a second at the track on street tires), but 0-60 on a cold street equals a lot of wheel spin in turn 0-60 seems the same. Not enough ground to show the full potential of the mods done to your car unless it was an awd car.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Looks like you have Pirelli's, that's the problem. Those tires get no traction whatsoever, especially in cold weather. They are horrible.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I no longer have the stock tires on the back and your right. They were not all that good.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
With full bolt ons including gt350 intake manifold and 8000 rpm fuel cut off plus taller wheels, is it possible to hit 60 mph on first gear with 3.15 auto's or 3.31 manuals? That would be interesting!

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6M
Small suspension mods to prevent wheel hop and 275s S04s in the rear with 3.31s I have hit 4 flat and 3.99999999 lol with a passenger, meaning fastest time I had was with car at idk 4150 lbs. stock engine in everyway, airraid can tho, and resonated delete. Didn't use apps , used some aftermarket tech to measure. Apps fastest was 4.9. Takeaway here grip matters a lot.

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My effective gear ratio was 3.19 compared to anyone with a PP because I run 275/35/20. This makes me way quicker than my buddies pp from a dig. He wastes by guesstimate 20%+ of his power by spinning. I spin either 0 or barely enough for a chirp.

OP
OP

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Small suspension mods to prevent wheel hop and 275s S04s in the rear with 3.31s I have hit 4 flat and 3.99999999 lol with a passenger, meaning fastest time I had was with car at idk 4150 lbs. stock engine in everyway, airraid can tho, and resonated delete. Didn't use apps , used some aftermarket tech to measure. Apps fastest was 4.9. Takeaway here grip matters a lot.
My effective gear ratio was 3.19 compared to anyone with a PP because I run 275/35/20. This makes me way quicker than my buddies pp from a dig. He wastes by guesstimate 20%+ of his power by spinning. I spin either 0 or barely enough for a chirp.

oh wow thats interesting. So no real performance adders besides intake and maybe the delete but even with a passanger thats some incredible times.

So you're saying basically some suspension mods would be way better for the 0-60 runs? I have the auto with 3.15 and it spins a lot too.

Also, i have been seeing around these parts that the track apps time is a lot slower than people with dedicated equipment like what you said about it. Do you have an idea as to why? I mean the latest C/D test of the mustang had it 4.3 which is much more believable now.

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh wow thats interesting. So no real performance adders besides intake and maybe the delete but even with a passanger thats some incredible times.

So you're saying basically some suspension mods would be way better for the 0-60 runs? I have the auto with 3.15 and it spins a lot too.

Also, i have been seeing around these parts that the track apps time is a lot slower than people with dedicated equipment like what you said about it. Do you have an idea as to why? I mean the latest C/D test of the mustang had it 4.3 which is much more believable now.

Sorry for the slow reply. Studying for the CPA. keeps me busy. I was watching videos of cars with much less power than mine run super quick 1/4 miles. So I learned about HP and acceleration. Summed up our GT is heavily limited by grip. On slicks a PP Stang should win. But in real life whoever has less wheel hop wins. I eliminated my wheel hop with Diff bushings and bmr cradle lockouts. Shortly after got S04s which are sinfully grippy. And now almost never spin. With huge tires on heavy rims on a bloated car with heavy driver lol. I'm muscular (mostly) on 3.31s.

To make things simple at 60 mph you're going 88 feet per second so if you spin your tires for 3 full rotations (275/35/20 is 27.6 inches in diameter or 7 feet per full rotation) youll be behind by 21 feet of where you could have been so you just added 21/88 = .25 seconds to your 60 time. And spinning only 3 full rotations is very little spinning. All of this would mean nothing if you didn't have the power to go forward which isn't the case when you have at a minimum 375whp. So yeah from a dig or roll grip does a lot. Also long gearing 75 mph kicks ass, that's where most highway racing happens anyways I shift to 3rd and have a hell of a better gearing advantage than most other cars. Including a 2009 AMG GT. :ford::ford:
Sponsored