Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT Magnetic A10 300A 3.55
Agreed.
The dealers should know better. Why is it we need to find this info out ourselves...
Interesting thing is the car was also low on oil when I first got it(I had to add 3/4 of a litre) I just assumed then that they missed it during the PDI but now I’m starting to think that the dealers around here need to be educated.
Sponsored

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT Magnetic A10 300A 3.55
Went back to the dealer I had the oil changed yesterday and ask them WTF! Let me tell you the mood in the shop was pretty somber, you could here a pin drop after I asked the shop foreman how much oil goes in a 2018 mustang GT. He checked his system and sure enough it was correct and said 9.5L. Then I asked him to check how much goes in the 2017 and he looked at me as I gave him my invoice with 8L printed on it. He immediately walked into the managers office and allot of chatter back and forth "who did it..." and a copy of my invoice was made followed by a visit from the manager apologizing and giving my money back for the oil I put in to top it up. They then proceeded to have a shop floor meeting on the subject with all the techs. There is no excuse for this as they should have checked the oil after filling it. Mind you I was probably the first 2018 mustang GT to get an oil change at this dealer as I was the first GT on the road in my province (been driving it since Jan 12). I hope they send me a survey for this service visit.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Went back to the dealer I had the oil changed yesterday and ask them WTF! Let me tell you the mood in the shop was pretty somber, you could here a pin drop after I asked the shop foreman how much oil goes in a 2018 mustang GT. He checked his system and sure enough it was correct and said 9.5L. Then I asked him to check how much goes in the 2017 and he looked at me as I gave him my invoice with 8L printed on it. He immediately walked into the managers office and allot of chatter back and forth "who did it..." and a copy of my invoice was made followed by a visit from the manager apologizing and giving my money back for the oil I put in to top it up. They then proceeded to have a shop floor meeting on the subject with all the techs. There is no excuse for this as they should have checked the oil after filling it. Mind you I was probably the first 2018 mustang GT to get an oil change at this dealer as I was the first GT on the road in my province (been driving it since Jan 12). I hope they send me a survey for this service visit.
Hey I know this sucks but maybe you saved other Mustang GT owners in the area from being neglected. Good thing is you caught it before driving around for several hundred or thousand miles.
Sponsored