stonewall386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
post up the part #s
FR3Z-19850-N in 2016
FR3Z-19850-W in 2017

Not sure what they're working with now because they don't want to replace this evaporator for some reason. They're saying they can't find any problem and just refilled the system. Going to talk with the service manager and hopefully find a suitable solution.
Sponsored

stonewall386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you tried going to a different dealership?
I've been going to the one closest to where I live because we're down to one car at the moment. Its not the dealership I purchased from... but I was under the impression that I could go to any blue oval dealership for warranty service. You think I should try another dealership? The one I purchased from is a pretty good hike and always crazy busy given its proximity to downtown. Maybe I'll get a different diagnosis?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
FR3Z-19850-N in 2016
FR3Z-19850-W in 2017

Not sure what they're working with now because they don't want to replace this evaporator for some reason. They're saying they can't find any problem and just refilled the system. Going to talk with the service manager and hopefully find a suitable solution.
hmm, the one that ends in Y is supposed to be the latest one. although im not sure if any of those have died yet. mine was replaced with that this past summer, and its been fine and i used the damn ac almost everyday

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My aircon is on the way out again - driver's side blowing warm, passenger side cool.

The dealer's band aid solution of replacing the "faulty" schrader valve and a re-gas lasted a whole five months. Hopefully they'll bite the bullet and fix it properly this time (kind of relieved it's happened again whilst still under warranty).

Seems like the hot weather of late over here is hastening the demise of a few evaporators.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Even tho I don’t have this car anymore, this thread still makes sad

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Big upgrade from the base GTPP. Not used to all these prissy options like remote start, heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. Lol.

Plus it pulls like a train from 700 rpm. Need wider tires lol

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Big upgrade from the base GTPP. Not used to all these prissy options like remote start, heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. Lol.

Plus it pulls like a train from 700 rpm. Need wider tires lol
i think daves had some bs all seasons..like 265s..same on yours?

gsperaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Anybody have a GT Premium with over 50K that has not replaced the evaporator or compressor ?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I know it has been posted before, but does anyone know what is the latest evaporator part number for the EcoBoost?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I know it has been posted before, but does anyone know what is the latest evaporator part number for the EcoBoost?
The part numbers are:
FR3Z-19850-U Ecoboost Base (non dual zone A/C)
FR3Z-19850-V Ecoboost Premium (dual zone A/C)
FR3Z-19850-W GT Base & V6 (non dual zone A/C)
FR3Z-19850-Y GT Premium & V6 (dual zone A/C)

hmm, the one that ends in Y is supposed to be the latest one. although im not sure if any of those have died yet. mine was replaced with that this past summer, and its been fine and i used the damn ac almost everyday
Refer to the above, W or Y designation is for base vs premium.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I got real lucky. I was on vacation in Florida the past week when there was a couple days that the AC should have cooled things down but did not. I scheduled an appointment and took it to the dealer yesterday. When I mentioned the evaporator issue, they were aware and said it was the first thing they would check. It did end up being the issue. They said they will order the part and schedule the repair when they get it. They also said it was a multi-day repair and they would provide a loaner car. My warranty expires the end of March so I am glad I found it now.

In the seven years I have been dealing with Billy Howell Ford (Cumming, GA), I have never had an issue with the service. I have always been treated fairly. After reading the issues some others have had, it makes me glad I get the service I do.

scott6809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
I had the same symptoms as you. I had the compressor, evaporator, and accumulator replaced. Total bill was $2308 with 10% off.
After seeing this thread I'm nervous about this failure for two reasons.

1. If it does fail then I'll have someone tearing into my brand new car to repair it, and with my luck it'll never be put back the same way.

2. Most likely it'll fail out of warranty because I only put maybe 2500 miles a year on it and my warranty end Feb 8, 2019.

The prices I've seen to replace this are all round $2000.. So for shits and giggles I checked Fords website about buying the extended warranty and the only one that covers A/C 100% is the Premium Plan of course. I entered my info and my price for that coverage is $1595 until 2024 w/$100 deductible based on the mileage I put on it per year.

Has anyone had bad experience with the extended warranty...

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)