Ecoboom on stock engine

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Funny ..

Texass..

Aside from the joking it's on ford for this ,and call the better business burro in your area let them know about how f up that dealer ship is...:cheers:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Funny ..

Texass..

Aside from the joking it's on ford for this ,and call the better business burro in your area let them know about how f up that dealer ship is...:cheers:
Don't know if you followed the link posted above but the engine had been tuned and had hardware mods. The oil filter is irrelevant. Even the OP said the filter came off when the engine blew, not vice versa.

From the other thread:

My car is modified. Catless exhaust and tune along with many other things.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Aside from the joking it's on ford for this ,and call the better business burro in your area let them know about how f up that dealer ship is
As is almost always the case when there's significant money on the line, there is more to the story...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rsackett78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost
I have 2 mustangs. This one is my daily driver. The modified one is for fun. Funny thing is the modified mustang is still running strong lol.

The one that blew the oil filter off is a 2016 with an auto transmission. I was using Mobil 1 oil and filter. The filter went on fine. The threads that hold the filter on actually sheared off the engine.

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Justin
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Magnetic/Dark Saddle • 6MT • PP • NAV • GT350 Steering Wheel • Vargas Stage2 • Tune+ • cp-e Catted Downpipe • Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust • COBB Intake • cp-e Race Core • Volk Racing G25 Prism • Eibach Pro-Kit • Anderson Composites CF Trunk with Integrated Spoiler • Hertz Mille • Hertz HDP4 x2 • JBL MS-8 • Dayton Audio Sub • Ecoboost Smoke Mod

Hmmmmmm ;)!

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
He meant to say "Stock Internals" LOL.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I have 2 mustangs. This one is my daily driver. The modified one is for fun. Funny thing is the modified mustang is still running strong lol.

The one that blew the oil filter off is a 2016 with an auto transmission. I was using Mobil 1 oil and filter. The filter went on fine. The threads that hold the filter on actually sheared off the engine.
So what is your plan ?

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
[MENTION=14433]jtmat[/MENTION] your thoughts and procedures on replacing an oil filter just makes your "theory" on not needing an upgraded intercooler that much more humorous. Unless you have the strength of a toddler, tightening any oil filter a full turn (or 1/4 turn for that matter) after it's hand tight would result in a crushed filter housing. Tightening an oil filter with any tools at all is insanity, and would likely result in thread damage over time.
It has been a long time, I'll admit. It was basically an oil filter wrench... I grew up changing the oil in all types of machinery (tracktors, trucks, cars, etc..). Pretty sure I've changed more oil than most. But that was well over 15 years ago, if not 20.

As I said in the post, I was not sure how far to tighten... but you really just wanted to rub about the intercooler. Creative toddler thinking there. :lol:

Get over the intercooler already... ha ha. Burns your az someone has a different opinion. :headbonk:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I see fail everywhere here. The dude’s motor blew and this is an enthusiast’s community. If Ford really has abandoned these forums the mods should just delete the two threads and the op should go to another dealer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I see fail everywhere here. The dude’s motor blew and this is an enthusiast’s community. If Ford really has abandoned these forums the mods should just delete the two threads and the op should go to another dealer.
What other thread?

And why delete them?

I agree the OP isn't going to get a resolution via a forum thread.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I agree the OP isn't going to get a resolution via a forum thread.
I agree as well, but I haven't seen anyone provide number of ecobooms vs. number of EBs sold. I'd be interested in number of rental EBs that failed, since they are almost guaranteed to be abused while in the stock form.

For example, I've see some folks on this forum mention about '18 5.0 failures due to possible valve retention issue, but can't say for sure if it's isolated incident or an issue with redesigned Coyotes. Since Ford's known to put wrong head gaskets in revised EB 2.3 in Focus RSes, I personally wouldn't be suprised if they put wrong parts in the new 5.0's.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I agree as well, but I haven't seen anyone provide number of ecobooms vs. number of EBs sold. I'd be interested in number of rental EBs that failed, since they are almost guaranteed to be abused while in the stock form.

For example, I've see some folks on this forum mention about '18 5.0 failures due to possible valve retention issue, but can't say for sure if it's isolated incident or an issue with redesigned Coyotes. Since Ford's known to put wrong head gaskets in revised EB 2.3 in Focus RSes, I personally wouldn't be suprised if they put wrong parts in the new 5.0's.
come on ford would not do this .....:ford::frusty:

they have it all together:headbonk:
Sponsored