natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Man that is sweet. Think I am going to have to try that. Wonder how much work it will be to put the insert in the radiator cover. Guess this is another lighting project to put on my list. Right after I change the trunk light to be a pony puddle lamp!
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
How's the hot glue holding up? I probably would have used something that isn't too sensitive to heat, given it's under the hood, but who knows, maybe the higher temp stuff is fine.

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
How's the hot glue holding up? I probably would have used something that isn't too sensitive to heat, given it's under the hood, but who knows, maybe the higher temp stuff is fine.
Everything is still working fine!

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I know this thread is old, but I just purchased a couple of used door sill panels from ebay and was wondering if [MENTION=28884]jeffdeq[/MENTION] could please give another update and post a few more pics, as the photobucket links are broken.:D

Last edited:

brandonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Would also like to see the pics of what this looks like

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I hear yah guys. Photo bucket stranded a lot of photo links. I just started using google photo storage. I can’t get to individual photo links through my iPad. Have to do that on my computer. I posted the link to the photo album. I added 3 photos taken today. The mod looks the same. It has to be night time to see the sill plate lit up but even at night the led under hood light strip is fairly bright as see in the original install pictures. I’m still happy with the mod. I plan to spend some more money with American Muscle and get the strut covers and two pieces of trim that will go over the headlights. I’ll post more pictures later.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwJ2BL8LbvHsH1sY2

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I hear yah guys. Photo bucket stranded a lot of photo links. I just started using google photo storage. I can’t get to individual photo links through my iPad. Have to do that on my computer. I posted the link to the photo album. I added 3 photos taken today. The mod looks the same. It has to be night time to see the sill plate lit up but even at night the led under hood light strip is fairly bright as see in the original install pictures. I’m still happy with the mod. I plan to spend some more money with American Muscle and get the strut covers and two pieces of trim that will go over the headlights. I’ll post more pictures later.

you mean these????

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-radiator-extension-covers-1517-gt-ecoboost-v6.html

398225?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

398225_alt3?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I got “permission” from the wife to order these items last night after showing her your posts! Thanks!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I got “permission” from the wife to order these items last night after showing her your posts! Thanks!
HA HA!!!!!:lol::lol:

Looking forward to some pics. I think those pieces will clean up the engine bay quite nicely....:thumbsup:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

Hey Jeff, mine just arrived. I noticed in your pics the "Mustang" inlay has been turned around. I assume the plastic welds under the sill plate must be cut and the whole inlay can be removed????:)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Jeff,

How does the “mod” hold up to washing the engine bay (for those of us who daily drive and need to clean under the hood on occasion)?
Sponsored