Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if someone can do me a favour? i have just installed a gt350 intake manifold and throttle body and now my tuner is telling me he believes there is a vacuum leak at idle. I have checked it over best i can with home equipment (listening and looking for the leak and making sure everything is tight) and can't find a thing. I have tried both methods of vacuum line routing on the gt350 manifold etc. Can someone post what your vacuum gauge says at a warm idle with a gt350 IM, and ideally can someone with a stock car post their vacuum at idle too please? mine is 17.3 Hg and i have no idea if this is normal or not.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Did you install the Ford Performance Power Pack 3? I have the PP2 and there was some rerouting of vacuum hoses to done. Splicing in a t-connector and things of that nature. If you installed the PP3, the instructions should be clear on what to do with the vacuum hoses. If you didn't install the PP3, and went the "DIY PP3" route of installing the intake manfiold, TB and airbox along with a custom tune, possibly your tuner didn't redo/reroute all the vacuum hoses properly?

This is probably not helpful...but just trying to point out some possibilities.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Did you install the Ford Performance Power Pack 3? I have the PP2 and there was some rerouting of vacuum hoses to done. Splicing in a t-connector and things of that nature. If you installed the PP3, the instructions should be clear on what to do with the vacuum hoses. If you didn't install the PP3, and went the "DIY PP3" route of installing the intake manfiold, TB and airbox along with a custom tune, possibly your tuner didn't redo/reroute all the vacuum hoses properly?

This is probably not helpful...but just trying to point out some possibilities.
Full pp3 hardware with a custom tune from AED for geographic reasons . Pp3 tune isn’t available outside USA
Sponsored