Sponsored

Oil cooler failure - first hand experiences?

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Am I crazy or does the Mishimoto kit here now bypass the stock cooler as well?

I know the Street Fighter kit uses Mishi as a base and adds stuff but i can't discern any visible difference in parts included between the two kits so think Mishi may have upgraded theirs??

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/mishimoto-s550-mustang-v8-oil-cooler-kit.html
To help clarify.

The StreetFighter Engine Oil Cooler Package utilises premium oil coolers, components and fittings ,from Mishimoto, one of the worldā€™s leading companies in cooling technology.
StreetFighter is a distributor of Mishimoto USA and has been authorised to develop and distribute this oil cooler package that perfectly fits and performs to the highest level on the RHD 2015-2017 GT Mustang.
Combining both StreetFighter and Mishimoto developed components, this kit guarantees cooling and engine protection for the lifetime of your vehicle.
Even more importantly, it removes the risk of a failure by removing the standard RHD oil cooler.

https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/product/streetfighter-engine-oil-cooler-package-gt-v8/

Sponsored

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
On the way out of Hamilton today I was following a 2018 Mustang GT and I thought I must take down the rego, because in NZ you have to pass over your rego to get parts at the Ford dealership.
Now I have my rego and the 2018 Mustang GT one, after business was done in Hamilton I was straight round to the Ford dealership to get an oil cooler for each of these cars
And wow what do you know they are different part numbers, looks like they have updated.
2016 Mustang GT FOGR3Z6A642C
2018 Mustang GT FOGR3Z6A642D
And for my Mustang GT (2016) the old part number has been superseded to the new part number.
Just thought I would let you all know.
I have ordered one for peace of mind.

Attachments

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
12G you should be in the Mustang Hall of Fame with Lee iaccoca and Steve McQueen

Reactions: 12g

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
On the way out of Hamilton today I was following a 2018 Mustang GT and I thought I must take down the rego, because in NZ you have to pass over your rego to get parts at the Ford dealership.
Now I have my rego and the 2018 Mustang GT one, after business was done in Hamilton I was straight round to the Ford dealership to get an oil cooler for each of these cars
And wow what do you know they are different part numbers, looks like they have updated.
And for my Mustang GT (2016) the old part number has been superseded to the new part number.

12g just wondering do you know if we can check the part number on the unit/oil cooler itself?

Sponsored

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
12g just wondering do you know if we can check the part number on the unit/oil cooler itself?
I suspect it will have a part number somewhere but no sign of it from the shot that I took on my last oil change I did on my car. (Probably on top where we are unable to see)
I thought I would have the 2 oil coolers weighed when I have the new one fitted by the Ford dealer. This will take place in December this year in line with my next service.
I will post results after that.
IMG_2843.JPG

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
12g very good work mate.

Good thinking re comparative weights, that'd be very interesting. Comparison pics would also be great but I reckon you've got that lined up already :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Subbed

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good work. :cheers:
Iā€™d love to see whatā€™s actually inside these damn things, is that a possibility?

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Because cost of part, convert to AUD, ship, tax, then add 100% for profit. :doh:

Great answer Burkey 100% correct.
I am going to get dealer to fit as I will have a greater chance if the part fails to make a claim.
I would normal import from America.
A Mustang GT in New Zealand dollars $78,000.00 and never on special.
We are an expensive country to live in.

I will be posting photos of the old oil cooler cut in half.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Because cost of part, convert to AUD, ship, tax, then add 100% for profit. :doh:
Wow! And how much for fitting it? Is it a big job?
Thanks

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Dealer told me they have ordered a new oil cooler for my car. I took it in for the 2-year service and they said it was covered by a TSB and so they will replace it.

When they notify me Iā€™ll check out the part no.s. I didnā€™t have time to discuss the differences with them but will do once they schedule the work.
Sponsored