Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Looks nice, I like it! :) Couple of nice roads in NW Orange by my house and just inside Lake too if you need to break them in ;)

When you find a decent shop in the area, lmk. I've got a nice scrape from the previous owner on the rear bumper that needs to be touched up.
In the Florida section I made a thread for spirited driving roads. There are a couple on there I'd like to try out. When I was in my 20's and had a Saleen I lived in Southern California. There are quite a few cool roads to get loose on. I was living in Georgia for a while, but didn't have the Mustang up there. A lot of cool back roads and mountains up that way, too!
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Big fan of this setup! One question, do you feel the 295's causing your car to steer more on uneven roads? How does it compare from a daily driving perspective to stock?

I'm looking to go square either next Summer or later in the year. My dream wheels were HRE FF01's but they are honestly way out of my price range. I was thinking about Forgestar but wasn't a big fan of the design since I prefer the Ace design with less spokes
Whenever your ready or need any help just let me know ill be happy to help guide you.

thanks for the response. I really want a 19 inch squared set up and your set up looks perfect with the drop you have. now I just have to find a wheel the wife approves of. its easier to modify the car when she likes it... lol. I haven't showed her your set up yet
Let me know if you need any details or help brotha.

I looked at a ton of designs. This particular one has several takes on it from the different manufacturers. Ace was a good choice for me because they fit without spacers, which was something at the top of my wants. I really liked the P51 wheels, too. In the end I liked this look the best.

There were two things I didn't like about these wheels. One, they have tiny holes as part of the design around the lugs. Pain in the ass during cleaning because they accumulate water. Have to q-tip them. Second was the lug nut holes weren't finished in black like some of the other wheels. Definitely not deal breakers or anything. Just different.

Lightweight, flow forged. Excellent finish. I've gotten a lot of compliments.
Honestly this came out great man. Did I ever tell you they shoot clear on the inner bolt holes to keep them from oxidizing and such?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Paul how much for this setup shipped to NJ with Conti DSW 6 all season tires? My 2016 is a daily driver. Amazon has the Ford TPMS for $70 shipped.

Thanks

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Those are really nice rims!!!

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Love it

I love square set ups too, and I especially as much rubber up front as possible on front-engined cars. Love those wheels!

I have MRR M350s coming, 19x10 for all corners, but they have a closer in backspacing than your rims. I cannot decide on 285s or 295s.

One question, though I suspect you would have commented, but any rubbing...namely at full lock or compression???

Sponsored

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I haven't experienced any rubbing at all!

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my setup, with thanks to Paul@PKAUTODESIGN and PK Auto Designs. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I highly recommend for the knowledge, information, and quick service once you're ready to buy.

295/35-19 Continental ExtremeContact Sport
19x10 Ace Alloy AFF02 Matte Black 35 offset using 72/62 hubring
Weight:
Wheels only: 24.25 lbs per w/cap
Wheels with 295 tires sensor and wheel weights: 53.95 lbs per

Wheels were coated with Chem Guys Carbon Flex

Suspension: Steeda Linear Sport springs & Pro-Action adjustable dampers

Pics were hard to angle just right, but the fit is flush at the top of the wheel well and starts to poke about halfway down. ZERO clearance issues on the front with plenty of room to spare. It was dark, but looks like about an inch from the strut.

These Contis are 10.3" wide according to Tire Rack. Diameter is 27.1" which matches the stock front diameter, but .6 less than the stock rears. Revs per mile are 767.

Pardon the Hurricane Irma mess and try not to make fun of the stab wound on the bumper. I'm researching body shops to find a good one here in Orlando before I let them touch it.
20170923_101433.jpg
20170923_101517.jpg
20170923_101536.jpg
20170923_101554.jpg
20170923_101832.jpg
20170923_102406.jpg
20170923_103025.jpg
20170923_103115.jpg
Bringing this back from the dead. I see you were using the Steeda linears, did you have the camber corrected or are these pics with the natural camber after lowering?

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing this back from the dead. I see you were using the Steeda linears, did you have the camber corrected or are these pics with the natural camber after lowering?
Did you, do you, have any strut noises/failures. I have a failed PP1 front strut and one theory from one dealer is it may be the larger tire up front.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you, do you, have any strut noises/failures. I have a failed PP1 front strut and one theory from one dealer is it may be the larger tire up front.
I do not. I actually have the Ford Performance track dampers, not the factory pp1 dampers

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I haven't been on site much lately, but yes the alignment was all corrected by Steeda. Added camber plates as well.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been on site much lately, but yes the alignment was all corrected by Steeda. Added camber plates as well.
Gotcha. Would you happen to know what specs they set it to? I appreciate the reply

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Gotcha. Would you happen to know what specs they set it to? I appreciate the reply
No, sorry. I'm sure you could give them a call and they'd be glad to help.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love it

I love square set ups too, and I especially as much rubber up front as possible on front-engined cars. Love those wheels!

I have MRR M350s coming, 19x10 for all corners, but they have a closer in backspacing than your rims. I cannot decide on 285s or 295s.

One question, though I suspect you would have commented, but any rubbing...namely at full lock or compression???
Dinosoar what width and aspect ratio did you go with and how has it worked? MRR sits 5mm closer on 19x10 with 40mm offset oppose to SVE 19x10 with 35mm offset.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dinosoar what width and aspect ratio did you go with and how has it worked? MRR sits 5mm closer on 19x10 with 40mm offset oppose to SVE 19x10 with 35mm offset.
Nevermind; just saw you garage; 295/35. Allison looks great!
Sponsored