5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I will be heading there soon. I will be back tonight with results. I hope I can get in at least 3 runs.
good luck brotha! :headbang:
Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
ok next time ill disconnect the fuse and give it a try. because i did turn off advance trac but it still slipped and i actually had it in drag strip not track when i did it.
Don't do that.!!!

On the 2018 if you removed the fuse it will not activated the drag mode. It will still show that's it is in the drag mode on the dash but again drag mode will not be on.

I try it and gain .35 and 1.5 mph with the fuse in on back to back run. I guess you will have the same result unplugging the connector near the air box.

If you don't have the drag mode then you can removed the fuse or connector in your case leave those alone

Put the drag mode and then hold the track control button for a couple seconds to deactivated it.

Even then you may have some intervention from the CPU in drag mode especially with wheel spin between shift that's the way the stock tune act.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't do that.!!!

On the 2018 if you removed the fuse it will not activated the drag mode. It will still show that's it is in the drag mode on the dash but again drag mode will not be on.

I try it and gain .35 and 1.5 mph with the fuse in on back to back run. I guess you will have the same result unplugging the connector near the air box.

If you don't have the drag mode then you can removed the fuse or connector in your case leave those alone

Put the drag mode and then hold the track control button for a couple seconds to deactivated it.

Even then you may have some intervention from the CPU in drag mode especially with wheel spin between shift that's the way the stock tune act.
ok thank you for the heads up

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did it go brotha?! [MENTION=25003]wireeater[/MENTION]?

yo ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
one time... but haven't read up on how to use it. 2nd shift id dropped to 3k and and wouldn't pick up for a sec. any tricks?? any settings or specific things i should have done that i am un aware of? I don't even know what happened there really. any help is appreciated.

There is an issue with some cars hitting the rev limiter in drag mode. My car is doing this, whether its at the track or on the street. If you put in drag mode with traction control off it will still happen, it has nothing do with the traction control. One way around it when in drag mode was to shift first gear with the paddle and then let the trans shift the rest. First gear comes up quick, so you need to shift it at 7000, that puts you right about 7200, anything after that and it will hit the rev limiter. these cars are very easy to go fast at the track when they work right. Put it in drag mode, get some heat in the tires with a quick burnout, leave at 2000, and your ruining 11.80's to 12.00's all day long. I went a 12.14 at 119 falling on its face when it hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift.

I talked to friend who is a engineer at Ford, he said it could be anything from a software issue to a faulty transmission. There are lots of electronics in the trans. I was told to just bring it to the dealer. It might be as simple as a software update or worse case scenario a trans.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I wonder if tune than raises the rev limiter a couple hundred rpm or so will eliminate this issue....or will the trans just hold the gears even longer and still hit the higher limit?

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
There is an issue with some cars hitting the rev limiter in drag mode. My car is doing this, whether its at the track or on the street. If you put in drag mode with traction control off it will still happen, it has nothing do with the traction control. One way around it when in drag mode was to shift first gear with the paddle and then let the trans shift the rest. First gear comes up quick, so you need to shift it at 7000, that puts you right about 7200, anything after that and it will hit the rev limiter. these cars are very easy to go fast at the track when they work right. Put it in drag mode, get some heat in the tires with a quick burnout, leave at 2000, and your ruining 11.80's to 12.00's all day long. I went a 12.14 at 119 falling on its face when it hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift.

I talked to friend who is a engineer at Ford, he said it could be anything from a software issue to a faulty transmission. There are lots of electronics in the trans. I was told to just bring it to the dealer. It might be as simple as a software update or worse case scenario a trans.
are you turning advanc trac off as well? just not TC, my friend had that issue but hasn't since when in drag mode he turned off advanc trac too.

yo ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes, turned off advance track also. My car never spun, either when launching or on the gear change. There is and issue with some cars as confirmed from the engineer.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Don't do that.!!!

I guess it would have been good to know this, LOL. It's what I did and I did notice something weird was going on because when I put it in drag mode + S to spin the tires it would be in normal mode and I had to switch it to drag which essentially did nothing anyways. I also noticed that it wasn't hitting hard like it did on the street when I used it before. So I'm guessing if it disabled drag mode, was I just running in normal?

I could not get better than 12.5 @ 115mph all though every (4) run my 60'ft was a 2.0 on the 4S tires. DA was 1847/94.71% RD
FB_IMG_1527621078507.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I guess it would have been good to know this, LOL. It's what I did and I did notice something weird was going on because when I put it in drag mode + S to spin the tires it would be in normal mode and I had to switch it to drag which essentially did nothing anyways. I also noticed that it wasn't hitting hard like it did on the street when I used it before. So I'm guessing if it disabled drag mode, was I just running in normal?

I could not get better than 12.5 @ 115mph all though every (4) run my 60'ft was a 2.0 on the 4S tires. DA was 1847/94.71% RD

Yes you were in normal mode. Next time you will know:D. You would have run low 12 in drag mods with a descent launch(2000-2100 RPM) in that DA!

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
So, put it on drag mode (D or S does it make a difference?) , hold traction control 5 sec, do quick burn out to get them warm at least ( are you guys using line lock?) stage, 2000 k rpm smash accelerator down (i'm guessing that part will depend on tires of course) and enjoy.

Those that sounds about right?
Sponsored