Battery Voltage

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Anyone had issues with battery life when the car sits for a while? I have a brand new battery (OEM spec from O'Riley) after my factory one died.

I drove it last Sunday and then did not get in it until Friday (I WFH full time so this is not unusual). I just 5 days the battery was stone dead, my maintainer would not even engage, had to put it on a trickle charger overnight.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mark
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anyone had issues with battery life when the car sits for a while? I have a brand new battery (OEM spec from O'Riley) after my factory one died.

I drove it last Sunday and then did not get in it until Friday (I WFH full time so this is not unusual). I just 5 days the battery was stone dead, my maintainer would not even engage, had to put it on a trickle charger overnight.

Mark
Sounds like you have a pretty high parasitic draw going on. Got any aftermarket stereo equipment, etc installed?

I monitor my OEM battery voltage really closely during winter storage and if the battery is fully charged it will go down to about 12.4 volts in 2 weeks. So something abnormal is going on with yours. If you have a meter you can do a parasitic current draw measurement. Should probably be less than 30 milliamps on this car (my guess). I've never measured the normal parasitic current draw on my S550 ... maybe someone has to give a better number.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

Mark
Do you leave your key inside the car?
I heard some cars if you leave the key inside the car when storage it never fully shuts all the electronics down.
I use a 750mA battery tender and it can maintain the battery in the winter meaning the current draw is lower than 750mA while parked.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Do you leave your key inside the car?
I heard some cars if you leave the key inside the car when storage it never fully shuts all the electronics down.
I use a 750mA battery tender and it can maintain the battery in the winter meaning the current draw is lower than 750mA while parked.
No key in the car, its literally stock (only mod is removal of the resonator box), battery is less than 2 weeks old, OEM battery had the "Red Eye" and would not even charge.

Did it again today - guess its going to the dealer to be looked at.
Sponsored