Sponsored

Just leaked... youtube with a time slip

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wouldn’t say it is faster but really close. Honestly I don’t see what the big deal is. People act like it’s a life and death situation on being faster than one another. Most of these cars will never see the track to begin with.
Agreed. The Camaro and Mustang are both fun cars, with slightly different strengths and weaknesses, so people get to pick the areas they prefer. I like the Mustang's looks and interior better, and the performance is close enough that those other things take precedence for me. It's nice to have choice.

And it's been said before, but if track (drag or road course) performance is important to someone, they're almost certainly going to mod, so the stock performance is less important. It's a potential baseline, but if the manufacturer was more focused on daily use than all-out track performance, some of the choices they make could compromise top-end performance, but could be fairly easily changed to improve track use.
Sponsored

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
According to DragTimes DA Calc, the DA on the afternoon of the 13th was around +250 feet. It’s been pretty chilly in this neck of the woods.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
They're losing their shit over at C6. I truly belive a stock mustang could run a 10 flat right off the assembly line and they would still come up with an excuse.

They constantly make all these outlandish claims about members here saying the 18 will beat a ZL1 and Z06 and I've never seen that comment. Then someone asks for proof and they use THEPILL, who has been gone from M6G for probably a year..lol

And they scream the DA and track rental excuse as if a Camaro has never done a test run outside of Thailand during monsoon season.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What I have noticed in the mustang community is that because everyone and their dog has a coyote most terms like "stock" and "street car" are drastically skewed. Hell they are so determined to make a name for themselves they break down which street tire they are on and which gas station they filled up at.....

"oooo I got road huggers with 32psi and filled up at pump 26 over off route 5. You cant compare mine to yours....you filled at pump 27 and are running 30psi."

Does anyone actually do this? The only person I have seen complaining about stock tire pressures is blaq. I think they are confusing what they read on C6 with what they read here?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I love the guy that is confused that different gearing changes the cars times.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
What I have noticed in the mustang community is that because everyone and their dog has a coyote most terms like "stock" and "street car" are drastically skewed. Hell they are so determined to make a name for themselves they break down which street tire they are on and which gas station they filled up at.....

"oooo I got road huggers with 32psi and filled up at pump 26 over off route 5. You cant compare mine to yours....you filled at pump 27 and are running 30psi."

Does anyone actually do this? The only person I have seen complaining about stock tire pressures is blaq. I think they are confusing what they read on C6 with what they read here?

Literally, I have never seen that. They either completely make this stuff up or are piecing together multiple posts from the same few people.

I don't even particularly care if the Mustang is faster. I just find it annoying how they constantly bash it with no real justification. I think I would feel the same way regardless of the vehicles involved. It's just dumb.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Evan Smith is the king of Mustang hero runs!
"Hero runs" (whether they be in Mustangs or any other car) are fun to watch but altogether meaningless when trying to compare cars.

No weather corrections (wind, DA, etc.), no check to make sure car is at normal test weight, that tire pressures are factory, and a ton of other variables that people mess with while still calling the car "stock". lol

Wait for the big 3 to test one, then we'll see how the new GT compares to other cars ...

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
As a casual car enthusiast and bench racer, the top end trap speed is indicative of a cars power and also if it will pull from a roll no? Every time slip I've seen for the hero runs shared at camaro6 are trapping around 115 in avg. seems the new mustang is trapping closer to 118-120. And we've only just begun to see times, I expect to see more 11s stock....I don't think they realize there's hardly any new mustangs out in the wild yet..... I think its clear the a10 mustang is a hair faster in a straight line despite the denial over on the camaro board from The fanboys.

Ps: are they aware the gen 5 camaro was a pig that got stomped by stock mustangs in that gen? It's true the gen 6 mustang for yrs 15-17 was a slight step back in straight line performance due to weight increase and the gen 6 camaro advanced it, but the 18 mustang has caught up and slightly passed it. They don't seem to understand this.

Pps: I find the bench racing and debate a boat load of fun and part of the rivalry. When I was younger I got mad and hated the rivals, now I can respect them while still fighting for my favorite the mustang.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
"Hero runs" (whether they be in Mustangs or any other car) are fun to watch but altogether meaningless when trying to compare cars.

No weather corrections (wind, DA, etc.), no check to make sure car is at normal test weight, that tire pressures are factory, and a ton of other variables that people mess with while still calling the car "stock". lol

Wait for the big 3 to test one, then we'll see how the new GT compares to other cars ...
I agree with you that people have some liberal definitions of stock. For me stock means what the car rolled off the show floor with. Small adjustments like Lowering tire pressure etc is ok by me, ripping out seats etc is too far. Just my definition. Just be thankful we aren't back in the mid to late 90s when ford let the mustang fall so far behind the comp poor ford enthusiasts like Evan were icing down the engine and doing a million other things to squeeze a respectable quarter mile....those were dark days....

All that said this car is barely out in public. With the high trap speeds do you doubt we see many more high 11s at least? I'd say hero times will be 11.5-11.7 when all is sad and done.

Last edited:

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
The debate will never end. Someone argued on LMM (FB group) today that a 4th gen and Terminator are a driver's race. I don't even care for Terminators, but...no. They never gave up arguing that a Coyote S197 outran a 5th gen either. In the end, until you're lined up next to me, I couldn't give a shit less about how you "think" your car runs. These guys are ridiculous.

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
If I remember the terminator finally defeated the 4th gen and was kind of a fitting way to send the camaro into hiatus...at the time the excuse was that it was supercharged...it definitely beat 4th gen f bodies

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Ok. Camaro fanboy here, but I'll let you all have the faster car! I can guarantee you that every 6th gen Mustang is faster than my 3rd gen IROC-Z!! Until I drove my son's 2014 GT, I was satisfied with the 225hp my IROC-Z put out. It wasn't the fastest, but it was fun. My son's GT made my IROC-Z seem really slow. Then I bought a 2015 Charger Scat Pack that didn't help the IROC any. Now I have my 2017 GT and I seriously think the '14 GT with 3.31 gears is faster, but....

I have to give credit where it's due. I have also noticed that the newer Camaro forums don't take too kindly to anything being faster or better and the members make negative comments about the competition. But, the majority of the comments made regarding the Camaro on these forums are positive. It's refreshing to see the friendly rivalry over here.

I also find it kind of odd that many 3rd gen Camaro owners are also newer Mustang owners. I'm the moderator of the History/Originality forum on thirdgen.org. The original owner of TGO owns a Mustang. The original moderators of the History forum own Fox body mustangs and multiple 2008 GT500s. I have a 2014 GT and a 2017 GT while the other moderator of the forum has a 2016 Roush RS3. I think that says something about the Mustang! I still have my 3rd gens, but really enjoy the Mustangs.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Ok. Camaro fanboy here, but I'll let you all have the faster car! I can guarantee you that every 6th gen Mustang is faster than my 3rd gen IROC-Z!! Until I drove my son's 2014 GT, I was satisfied with the 225hp my IROC-Z put out. It wasn't the fastest, but it was fun. My son's GT made my IROC-Z seem really slow. Then I bought a 2015 Charger Scat Pack that didn't help the IROC any. Now I have my 2017 GT and I seriously think the '14 GT with 3.31 gears is faster, but....

I have to give credit where it's due. I have also noticed that the newer Camaro forums don't take too kindly to anything being faster or better and the members make negative comments about the competition. But, the majority of the comments made regarding the Camaro on these forums are positive. It's refreshing to see the friendly rivalry over here.

I also find it kind of odd that many 3rd gen Camaro owners are also newer Mustang owners. I'm the moderator of the History/Originality forum on thirdgen.org. The original owner of TGO owns a Mustang. The original moderators of the History forum own Fox body mustangs and multiple 2008 GT500s. I have a 2014 GT and a 2017 GT while the other moderator of the forum has a 2016 Roush RS3. I think that says something about the Mustang! I still have my 3rd gens, but really enjoy the Mustangs.
They're both great cars. Pick your poison and have fun man. Those old third gens with an L98 weren't slow by any means. I spent a lot of time racing my buddy's 89 Formula 350 with my bolt on 95 GT, as a result, I have all the respect in the world for those cars. Brand loyalty is one thing, but allowing a bias to cloud reality is just ridiculous. Props to you for exploring all options sir. Who knows, maybe your next ride will be another GM, and I won't be mad at ya.:cheers:

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
LOL. Unless GM offers something that looks good, besides the trucks and Vettes, to complement the performance options, I don't see me going back any time soon. I haven't liked the Camaro since it's return in 2010, the Chevy SS seems to be a performance oriented Malibu, Buick has nothing and the Cadillac is way overpriced for me. I miss the old days when I could select from all of the automakers.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Fanboys

I bought a 67 Camaro at 16 years young, had a 73 Gran Prix, 83 Caprice I built, stolen, never recovered. A Toyota Celica hatch, and now 4 Stangs, 2009,2012,2014, all 6 cyl. Now I DD a 16 GT and really like it. These newer ponies can handle the twisty's & I'll never look back. I enjoy Hot Rodding! No fanboy here. Raised in Tennessee I can DD this pony in snow, defensive driver, Mom taught!
IMG_20171210_092047_535.jpg
Sponsored