What is Meth injection worth in 1/4

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am thinking about adding meth injection to my car to help on days when the DA is higher in the summer time. I am curious what you guys think it will do to a car running a paxton on E85. My car currently looses about .2 and 2MPH from 0 DA to 2000DA.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
There is usually not too much left to gain with Meth injection when already running E85.

[MENTION=29826]BlownOne[/MENTION] is running the combo of both, He may have some track times to compare.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
[MENTION=21672]Slamdcoop0428[/MENTION] swears by it. He's hooked on meth. He used it supercharged and turbo.

His IATs are icy.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
It depends on how much timing you can add and how much you spray/how much IAT you drop.

Some cars can add 1-2 degrees of timing. Other cars spray a ton and literally pickup 100whp. And lastly some cars actually lose power on it (because they aren't setup correctly for it). It completely depends on the car, the fuel, the timing, and the power adder.

A better way to answer this is; what are your IAT's, and what kind of timing?

There are tons of cars who run e85 and meth. Meth can still help a ton with IAT.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
The cooling of your IAT I would think would make up for the temp increase. My IAT rise pre-meth was around +40. After meth was about +25. Depends on ambient temp and how much your spraying though. Not sure if that info helps.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
The cooling of your IAT I would think would make up for the temp increase. My IAT rise pre-meth was around +40. After meth was about +25. Depends on ambient temp and how much your spraying though. Not sure if that info helps.
Yeah exactly. How much meth/what pressure the pump is running, what nozzle distribution you use.... Like pre compressor, or closer to the ports/TB.... One nozzle or multiple... Then just flat out volume. All those things are important

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I run water meth on my E85/Paxton setup.

I haven't had a chance to get enough data to show the increase (I broke in eliminations my last event - MT82life-) HOWEVER there is a basis for its use, especially in combo's like mine.

I don't have a meth tune, mainly because I'm on E85 and that's the max timing I think the car needs.

My IAT's after a 1/4 mile pass were 83* on a 91*+ day with stupid humidity, something like 5400 DA IIRC - my car still trapped 114 in the 1/8th and over 141 in the 1/4 despite the 1/4 trap being low due to running too little gearing that day.

General idea is a 1% increase in power per 10* reduction in IAT. I take it that rule was based upon air density, so your results will vary depending on the efficiency of your intercooler, etc.

I use meth to provide a small buffer for my maxed out 1000cc injectors and as a chemical intercooler that I use when the outside temps are 70+.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
For the sole purpose of reducing IAT is it necessary to mess with the tune?
No, just check and make sure the tune is able to pull enough fuel so you don't go super rich. I run 1:1 water/meth and check datalogs to watch my trims.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
114mph 1/8 and 141mph 1/4 is showing some serious power. What times are you running?

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I run water meth on my E85/Paxton setup.

I haven't had a chance to get enough data to show the increase (I broke in eliminations my last event - MT82life-) HOWEVER there is a basis for its use, especially in combo's like mine.

I don't have a meth tune, mainly because I'm on E85 and that's the max timing I think the car needs.

My IAT's after a 1/4 mile pass were 83* on a 91*+ day with stupid humidity, something like 5400 DA IIRC - my car still trapped 114 in the 1/8th and over 141 in the 1/4 despite the 1/4 trap being low due to running too little gearing that day.

General idea is a 1% increase in power per 10* reduction in IAT. I take it that rule was based upon air density, so your results will vary depending on the efficiency of your intercooler, etc.

I use meth to provide a small buffer for my maxed out 1000cc injectors and as a chemical intercooler that I use when the outside temps are 70+.

I would love to see your log from a run with and without meth. Are you still on the 2200SL and 3.33 pulley? I am surprised your injectors are maxed out. I thought ID1000s would carry you to 1k at the wheels on E85.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Depending on how much you spray, STFT should be able to pull fuel accordingly and keep things in check, but I would get your logs checked out to be sure. I had to get fuel pulled out of my tune to avoid misfires under meth.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
No.

Meth physically absorbs the heat in the intake tract and changes from a liquid (mist) into a gas. That's how you get IAT drop. The latent heat of meth is low enough that a hot intake charge will be enough to force phase change.

But methanol is still a fuel so the car will be richer than without methanol. Methanol also has a little bit of oxygen in it so the stoich mix targeted is a bit different than Gas.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
I would love to see your log from a run with and without meth. Are you still on the 2200SL and 3.33 pulley? I am surprised your injectors are maxed out. I thought ID1000s would carry you to 1k at the wheels on E85.
I would imagine ID1000's on 1000whp would need some kind of insane fuel pressure, and even then I doubt you'd make it past 900whp. Maybe if you're comfortable running max duty cycle and crazy base fuel pressure, with big fuel pumps.

What's the smallest pulley you can run on 6 rib with a 2200 or v3 jt?
Sponsored