Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Are these under development for the GT350? I looked under the car for a mounting point for them and didn't see anything promising.
Haven't seen this on Vorshlag's webpage. Do you have a link? Thx in advance.
It's in their forum for the mustang. Hook comes out passenger side exhaust.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Back to the original question. What is the best track mod for the money?

Without a doubt, track tires like cup 2s or equivalent. Wait until the dead of winter, you always find a really good sale.

This will give you the biggest and best performance increase.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Agree with Cup 2's, big fat ones. 1.3 g turns with minimum wear.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I added a IRS brace. I think it increased NVH...
I'm pretty darn sensitive to it and the CB005 only added a little N, no V or H. The benefits are tremendous. What brace did you get?

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Seat time. Just go drive.
Completely agree. In my first 3 track weekends in the GT350, with no modifications in between, I dropped a full 3 seconds off my best lap times. No physical modification to the car will give you anywhere near this "bang for the buck." I've since gone to R-compound tires and Pagid brake pads, and so far I've picked up only about another 2.5 seconds with them (although I'm still getting used to them... See the "seat time" statement above. ;) )

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Completely agree. In my first 3 track weekends in the GT350, with no modifications in between, I dropped a full 3 seconds off my best lap times. No physical modification to the car will give you anywhere near this "bang for the buck." I've since gone to R-compound tires and Pagid brake pads, and so far I've picked up only about another 2.5 seconds with them (although I'm still getting used to them... See the "seat time" statement above. ;) )
Which tires, and are you still running the OEM wheel? I guess my next move would be to go to the 305 square Cup2's on my OEM wheel.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Which tires, and are you still running the OEM wheel? I guess my next move would be to go to the 305 square Cup2's on my OEM wheel.
Hoosier R7's, 295/30R19 front and 315/30R19 rear, running on a spare set of OEM GT350 wheels that I bought used from a member here. The OEM wheels are heavy, but at least I have no concerns about wheel strength or caliper clearance. The 30-series tires (vs. the OEM 35-series) effectively shortened the gear ratios, bringing me almost to redline in 4th gear at the end of the front stretch (roughly 131 MPH) and keeping me higher in the powerband on the rest of the track.

The downside is that the Hoosiers lasted only two and a half track days on the stock alignment before cording the outside edge. That's my fault... This track is rough on front tires (especially the driver's side), and I should have known better. I have a set of Vorshlag CC plates sitting at home, waiting to be installed. Just didn't get them put on before this past weekend's event.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Yep, that's it. Hopefully they both work with the 350
So do I.... Thats actually the first one where I like the placement, keeping existing functionality (rear light) and fairly unobtrusive.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
If you are at a beginner or intermediate skill level, then I second getting more track time and quality instruction, preferably with a private driving coach if you can swing it, or via NASA, SCCA, or some other organization that offers instruction. Your mileage may vary on instructor quality unless they have been vetted by the Motorsport Safety Foundation (see the link below.) I would not recommend R-compounds or slicks if you don't have a lot of seat time. They will not communicate when you are near or at the limit of grip like street tires will.
These cars are incredibly capable, and like all higher-horsepower cars that are well-balanced, they will conceal errors that beginning drivers make that would be more evident in lower horsepower momentum cars. Ideally, you should learn high-performance driving in a Miata or some other low power car to develop a better seat of your pants feel when it comes to car control dynamics before graduating to a higher-hp car.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motors...uctor-might-be-giving-dangerously-bad-advice/
Sponsored