Sponsored

Autocross Tire Pressure

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
I'm sorry if this seems like a noobie question, but I am coming from autocrossing a Focus ST to the Mustang GT PP2 and do not have a clue what the tire pressure ought to be.

Any of you experienced autocrossers have suggestions? For what it's worth, I am running Michelin PS4s in 305/30/19 at all 4 corners.

thanks,
JD
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if you're stock with no additional front camber, you'll want to run the fronts at around 34-35 hot to stop the sidewall from folding over. If you add camber via bolts/slots/plates to -2 or more, you can reduce that to low 30s hot. Rear I prefer around 30 hot. Do you have PS4S or the Cup 2s that came with the car? If PS4S, add 1-2 psi to that front pressure.

OP
OP
JD_GTPP2

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Well, if you're stock with no additional front camber, you'll want to run the fronts at around 34-35 hot to stop the sidewall from folding over. If you add camber via bolts/slots/plates to -2 or more, you can reduce that to low 30s hot. Rear I prefer around 30 hot. Do you have PS4S or the Cup 2s that came with the car? If PS4S, add 1-2 psi to that front pressure.
Thanks much! I have the PS4S all around. The SC2s are sitting the garage waiting for next spring and track days.
Sponsored