OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hextall, would you install for me if I came to you? Columbus is not that far, and I would love this done...checked the prices from infotainment and 4D...just insane
Come on down. I don't charge harness customers.

Also want to jump on here and let anyone waiting on a harness know that we were sent an incorrect shipment of latch/shields. They were keyed wrong and even with modification would not work. (I'm also not going to send people hacked up stuff). We sent them back and were promised that we would have the correct part within a week. That did not happen and we are still waiting. I have to ask people to bear with us on this. As soon as they arrive the harnesses will ship same day.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Anyone got a "Navigation fault" after doing the swap?
I can clear it within the debug menu, but it's really annoying.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Anyone got a "Navigation fault" after doing the swap?
I can clear it within the debug menu, but it's really annoying.
I do have this as well... Seemed to start getting it after I updated to 3.0, but that was like 2 days after I installed the kit so can't say it was the update that prompted it.

I start it up, automatically get "Nav Fault" if I click on it.. Nav won't show up until I restart the system, then It will work... I also figured out if I just don't tap on the message, after like 10 seconds the Nav will finally come on.

I'm also curious if anyone else has had this.

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Also want to jump on here and let anyone waiting on a harness know that we were sent an incorrect shipment of latch/shields. They were keyed wrong and even with modification would not work. (I'm also not going to send people hacked up stuff). We sent them back and were promised that we would have the correct part within a week. That did not happen and we are still waiting. I have to ask people to bear with us on this. As soon as they arrive the harnesses will ship same day.

Nice. Thanks. I'm just having a hard time tracking down all the parts hah

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Anyone else have issues with either USB ports not working after this swap? The new hub in the center console doesn't even light up blue when the car is powered up. Gonna have to open up the dash and console and double check the wiring/connections tonight...

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone else have issues with either USB ports not working after this swap? The new hub in the center console doesn't even light up blue when the car is powered up. Gonna have to open up the dash and console and double check the wiring/connections tonight...
Check power to the hub.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Hextall, what do you charge for a harness? I assume thats a plug and play harness? im base, and want Sync3, dont need Sat radio or HD radio, so will be using my existing ACM.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Constantly have DTC 3119F showing. Means circuit open in GPS receiver. Tried three different ones, all throw this error.
Well, after 5-10 seconds the system seems to recognize the satellites and signal from the receiver and starts showing the map.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Constantly have DTC 3119F showing. Means circuit open in GPS receiver. Tried three different ones, all throw this error.
Well, after 5-10 seconds the system seems to recognize the satellites and signal from the receiver and starts showing the map.
Yep, I just sit and let it figure itself out... still very annoying to get the message every startup though.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Maybe... i think i'll downgrade to 2.2 and then 2.3 and test it out if it is related to some maps or something like that. Am already on map version F7 for Europe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hextall, what do you charge for a harness? I assume thats a plug and play harness? im base, and want Sync3, dont need Sat radio or HD radio, so will be using my existing ACM.
PM me

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Figured I'd save others from making a mistake I did during the initial install. If using a custom harness - ALL harnesses needs to be plugged in. In my case, I left the USB Hub power (center console) and MS CAN (GPS) unplugged and tie strapped off. My mistake was I thought they were related to Navigation items as my Sync wasn't a Nav unit.

Anyhow, here's some pics of the connections if they are confusing to anyone.
-Hub goes into the USB hub in the center console
-MS CAN plugs into the factory harness that once plugged into the GPS module (once you unplug from the GPS module on top portion of dash above the vents).

Now my USB outlets work, compass isn't going crazy and Apple CarPlay works...
IMG_8587.jpeg
55183252567__A7A9633A-B15F-436A-AAFA-7D662B4C9FEE.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Will a US sync 3 work on a EU 2015 Sync 2 car?

GioF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yass Queen
I'm late to the party but just purchased the hardware to do the upgrade next weekend.

Are there any worthy mods/hacks to include in the install such as motion bypass or the like that may be worth it to install?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey if anyone needs a touch screen I have one with several minor scratches on it I'll sell dirt cheap. Just PM if interested.

I also have a premium HD radio/Sirius ACM to sell too.

I have a premium HD radio/Sirius ACM out of an expedition too...anyone know if those fit? Just came with an APIM I ordered free of charge.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.