Sponsored

Forgestar CF5V and Hub Rings - Please Help

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
To make an incredibly long story as short as possible - I have gone through 3 sets of hub rings for my Forgestar wheels over the course of a week and 29 miles driven.

I have had numerous sets of aftermarket rims on different cars, but the use of hub rings are completely new to me.

Can someone please post a few pictures or some possible advice to guide me in the right direction - at this point I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong....?

I know I screwed up with the first set of hub rings - I placed them on the hub assembly of the vehicle. The second set of hub rings were placed in the correct location on the back of the rim but I thought that I pushed them too far into the rim. To correct this, on the third set, I did not seat the hub rings as deep into the rim - basically flush.

With all three different occasions the results were the exact same - wobble, vibration, and destroyed hub rings.

The rims were purchased from Paul at PK. Paul has been amazing to work with and I would recommend him to anyone!!!! At this point, I feel bad for continuing to bother him with various issues.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Throw plastic hub rings in the nearest trash can. They do more harm than good.

OP
OP
I <3 Boost

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know there are a lot of people running Forgestar wheels on this forum - the plastic hub rings definitely haven’t worked well for me. I was hopeful that I was simply installing them incorrectly. At this point, I don’t know how else to install them.

Are there specific aluminum hub rings that people are successfuly using with Forgestar wheels?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just run without any. The difference is only 1-2mm, and I don't think anyone is making Aluminum centering rings that thin.

I wish they would machine the wheel with the proper hub size when the machine in the final bolt pattern and offset.

OP
OP
I <3 Boost

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just run without any. The difference is only 1-2mm, and I don't think anyone is making Aluminum centering rings that thin.

I wish they would machine the wheel with the proper hub size when the machine in the final bolt pattern and offset.
How is the ride quality without the hub rings? I love the rims but I’ve had them off my car 4 times within the last week. Pretty frustrated at this point. I appreciate the help!

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No difference to the ride without or with properly installed centering rings.

The problem is the plastic rings melt, which often means they are not properly installed. Which can cause issues.
Sponsored