Sponsored

NA mods after power pack 2 without retune?

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Question for everyone smarter than I am (which is just about everyone)...

I have a '17 GT PP with shorty headers, catback, and the FRPP Power Pack 2. Realistically are there any mods that I can still do for additional power that won't involve wasting what I've already done?

5.2 heads are crazy money and would require a retune and new headers. Since I'm all street I don't really want to go with the GT350 intake (and would need a new tune).

Seems like the only logical next step and best bang for buck would be a supercharger, should I want to go that route.

Any other options I might have missed?
Sponsored

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
A 2018 intake manifold swap looks like it might be a good match for a Power Pack 2 car and not very expensive.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Long tubes and porting the stock manifold will get you a nice gain and not require a new tune (although it would get the most out of those mods).

OP
OP

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Went with shorties originally so I wouldn't need a tune. Probably not worth the money at this point to replace them for an extra couple of HP. I'll look into the manifold though. I'll search the forums and see if anyone has done the '18 manifold swap successfully and/or ported a '15-17 manifold with dyno results.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Went with shorties originally so I wouldn't need a tune. Probably not worth the money at this point to replace them for an extra couple of HP.
the shorties gained you 0. The car has quite an effective "Shortie" from the factory. The cats are the restriction.

If you are still on a quest for power, the only suggestion I have for you is to buy an SCT X4 or nGuage and a get a aftermarket tune (AED, Lund, etc).

I understand the warranty thing. But there are limits to warranty friendly HP. Look into stepping up to the PP3 if you don't want to go with an Aftermarket Tune.

Sponsored

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
If you have e85 available in your area, maybe try the PROFLEX Commander. Not sure if it'll work with the PP2 though.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
or for the $800 that costs, just get an aftermarket tune.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
or for the $800 that costs, just get an aftermarket tune.
. . Or you can still potentially keep the warranty and wait for the Black Friday sale.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
its available for a lot less than $800...but you need to consider install costs to maintain the warranty, so yeah probably around $800

turns out my post was a waste of bytes
Sponsored