Ordered an 2018 how lone for delivery?

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I used search but never found anything. My Quistion is after you ordered a 2018 how long untill you got it? I ordered one on 12-26 17 I am thinking spring.
Thanks,
Lee
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Very lone

I ordered on 12/15, and just got notice last week that it is on COTUS with a VIN and an expected delivery date 3/20.we’ll see how that changes between now and then. Good news is order banks for the Bullitt open 3/12, so I can decide whether to switch or keep the original once we see what markups are going to be on the Bullitt.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So many variables. One big chunk of time is probably transit from factory to dealer which is probably fairly consistent for dealers in or near a city. Dealer Should be able to tell you what that is.

But aside from that, you can have delays before its built. Dealers prioritize their own orders; so try to insist on the highest priority for your order. Dealers don't all get the same preference in build order based on things like allocations. Parts or even paint can have holds due to sourcing problems. In the past at least, things like stripes were put on at another location than the factory, that adds time. Some vehicles are randomly selected for special tests.

My experience is dealers will not be up on some of those things and unreliable for informing you.

Last edited:

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
8-12 weeks is the official claim by Ford Dealerships. Usually closer to 8-10.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol wow your dealers are fucking you . I ordered Jan 7 got my vin on 15th and delivery is supposed to be March 13

Sponsored

PSUpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 V-6 Premium Convertible
I used search but never found anything. My Quistion is after you ordered a 2018 how long untill you got it? I ordered one on 12-26 17 I am thinking spring.
Thanks,
Lee
I ordered car on 1/6/18 with a dealer whose owner is a friend of mine. I got a VIN within a week and Cotus is telling car is in production and delivery is estimated in the 16 days. All told for me maybe 5 weeks that is much faster than expected

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Seems like it's mostly dependent on if you find someone through connections and if you find a dealer with an available allocation. If you don't, it looks like 3+ months is the wait time.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Seems like it's mostly dependent on if you find someone through connections and if you find a dealer with an available allocation. If you don't, it looks like 3+ months is the wait time.
This, this, this!
Most are nearing delivery off the second order wave.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I waited a little over 5 months from when I originally ordered my car till I took delivery. But I ordered it before they were building them. But I think people usually wait 3ish months now that they started to build them.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
My dealer told me 6-8 weeks..

Sponsored

PSUpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 V-6 Premium Convertible
I ordered car on 1/6/18 with a dealer whose owner is a friend of mine. I got a VIN within a week and Cotus is telling car is in production and delivery is estimated in the 16 days. All told for me maybe 5 weeks that is much faster than expected
I got my window sticker :). Does Special order mean anything? I ordered car on 1/6/18 and estimTed delivery is in less that two weeks. Seems pretty fast

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I got my window sticker :). Does Special order mean anything? I ordered car on 1/6/18 and estimTed delivery is in less that two weeks. Seems pretty fast
Means not ordered for inventory but for a specific customer.

It also means the MSRP won't include any price increases by Ford before it gets built.

And the dealer can get you the better of dollar incentives at time of order or time you take delivery; in the past they had to take action up front to get that but incentives don't typically go down so more a peace of mind thing.

May be other things.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Thanks guys! I got a EDD of 05-11 I hope that changes. Flat Rock has been down 10 days or 2 weeks,:frusty: they just went back to work. :ford:
Lee

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Thanks guys! I got a EDD of 05-11 I hope that changes. Flat Rock has been down 10 days or 2 weeks,:frusty: they just went back to work. :ford:
Lee
Mine was ordered 11/30. Went into production 1/24 and has been waiting for transit ever since. My EDD was deleted on 2/7 when it was due to be delivered and hasn't been updated since... The 2 week shut down starting 1/26 must have inserted some cars ahead of mine for delivery. Dealer thinks I'll get it this month. Hopefully...

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
I was told 3-10 weeks. The dealer didn't want to nail down a date but that was the ranges they see.

What I don't get is how it takes so long. You'd think they would want special orders out the door to minimize the chances that someone "changed their mind". Hopefully Ford cranks the line up to get the dealers stocked for spring and summer.
Sponsored