Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
How much taller does the adapter from cjpp make the shifter? I really like the stock height and don't want it any taller if I don't have to

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
You don't need the adapter for the one I have. It's made for the 2015. It does seem a little taller because the knob itself is bigger.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I have a new one coming. 100% custom and made in the U.S.A. Its much pricier than the ones I have seen ppl using so far but I have looked at his work on other cars and I am impressed. Ppl justify $1500 on an exhaust that does nothing but make noise and reduce a little weight, I think 10% of that is worth it on something you're always touching, looking at, and providing support for your shifting experience. I'll provide pics once I get it.

Sponsored

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
I really want a comp orange one with the pattern on top, that doesn't require the adapter. Lol

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I have a new one coming. 100% custom and made in the U.S.A. Its much pricier than the ones I have seen ppl using so far but I have looked at his work on other cars and I am impressed. Ppl justify $1500 on an exhaust that does nothing but make noise and reduce a little weight, I think 10% of that is worth it on something you're always touching, looking at, and providing support for your shifting experience. I'll provide pics once I get it.
What company? RacerEng?

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
What company? RacerEng?
No I went through Lathewerks. A lot of the Focus ST guys have a knob through them and by the looks of it Ill be the first 6G mustang :D. It is a bit expensive and I've been contemplating whether or not it would be worth it for some time, but after searching on the other forums, Focus ST, STi, 350z, etc it seems his stuff is pretty legit. I will let you know how I like it and post pics when it comes in. I really wanted to deviate from the spherical shape so I am really crossing my fingers that it still feels good and isn't awkward in my hand.

As for RacEng, they ended up ditching the idea of making a custom knob and decided to work on making another adapter, which I don't think I'll like as it raises the knob like the CJ knob adapter. Little annoyed that they decided to do that as I pleaded for them to not go that route. Oh well, hope it works out for him.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
No I went through Lathewerks. A lot of the Focus ST guys have a knob through them and by the looks of it Ill be the first 6G mustang :D. It is a bit expensive and I've been contemplating whether or not it would be worth it for some time, but after searching on the other forums, Focus ST, STi, 350z, etc it seems his stuff is pretty legit. I will let you know how I like it and post pics when it comes in. I really wanted to deviate from the spherical shape so I am really crossing my fingers that it still feels good and isn't awkward in my hand.
Nice choice. Just looked at their products. I'll consider this too! Just installed the Barton SSK and now I'm in the hunt for a the perfect knob.

I'm guessing you went with the piston shaped ones?

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Nice choice. Just looked at their products. I'll consider this too! Just installed the Barton SSK and now I'm in the hunt for a the perfect knob.

I'm guessing you went with the piston shaped ones?
Yes I did! I got it in SS to get a better weight. Really liked the hybrid version as well. I think the Barton has the push down reverse so that opens up your options for shift knobs significantly. Unless I am confusing it with the MGW one lol.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Yes I did! I got it in SS to get a better weight. Really liked the hybrid version as well. I think the Barton has the push down reverse so that opens up your options for shift knobs significantly. Unless I am confusing it with the MGW one lol.
Barton has the reverse lockout, but MGW announced they'll have that feature on the next release of their kit.

That hybrid version looks awesome. Really considering that one!

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP

This one is from Speeddawg.com, it has the cutout on the bottom for the reverse lockout, so basically plug&play, no adapter needed...

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP

This one is from Speeddawg.com, it has the cutout on the bottom for the reverse lockout, so basically plug&play, no adapter needed...
Yellow on black looks fantastic:thumbsup:
Sponsored